Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura V2 prices

Old 01-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default Accura V2 prices

http://www.cva.com/rifles-accura-v2.html

You can probably take $75-100 off the prices if you go to somewhere like budsgunshop.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

MD
let us know when you get one and how you like it.
(BP)
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

Will do. Also noticed they are using what traditions uses on their stocks. Called soft touch. Adds really nice grip to it IMO
Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Will do. Also noticed they are using what traditions uses on their stocks. Called soft touch. Adds really nice grip to it IMO
I have been back and forth to the CVA Home Page more times than I can count and it's not looking good, the V2. I do like the new BP design, but the (soft touch) they added really makes the V2 look ugly. It coveres up most of the camo on the stock and forearm, it jus does'nt look right. I know some think the older ACCURA is ugly well now in M.O. the V2 really is.
This is really gonna hold me back from getting one I think, if they did'nt add the soft-touch I'd probably have paid CVA's ridiculously high home page prices and already got one, just to have it fast.
I was almost considering selling 1 of the 3 ACCURA's I have to put that money twords the new V2, Im glad I did'nt. I have a ACCURA Bk/SS new unfrired in the box still and I'll just hold on to it as the older ACCURA's are looking better and better all the time.
Anyone considering getting a new V2 should really consider the older ACCURA as you can get em cheap at Cabela's for around $289 after discounts and that's the Camo/SS Version. You'll pay double for the new V2 for a uglier ML with some rubber and a newer BP.
Needless to say I was really excited when I first heard of the new V2 but now Im really dissapointed, and that's hard for me to say when I have been shooting CVA's for over 20 years.
Sorry CVA!
(BP)
Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

heres a picture on the cva blog of the V2 pattern. I actually like the soft touch, It cuts down the glare on the stock. http://blog.cva.com/category/accura/