Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is a Knight BK92 a good gun?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is a Knight BK92 a good gun?

So I have a friend wanting to get rid of his black powder rifle. I've seen it but never closely looked at it with the intent to buy it. He said it has some rust but he thought it would look decent once cleaned up. I could pick it up for $55. Is it worth this? Are these good rifles?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

$55.00 if it is not too rusted and it functions.. it would be worth that.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it can't be rusted but so badly because before the scope went bad it shot pretty well. I was with him before this black powder season when he shot it. It may have had some rust as he says it does and I didn't look super close but it wasn't bad enough that I saw it from just looking at it from a couple feet away. I didn't look down the bore so can't say too much about how that looked but it did shoot pretty decently.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one, it shoots great. Mine liked 100 gr of Pyrodex Select RS, and a 310 gr Sabot from Knight. I used it to get my biggest deer. Ron

Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had one, and it was deadly, I used 2 pellets (50gr. each) of Pyodex and a 250gr. Banes expander. It was just a PIA to clean
Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am amazed that you think it was hard to clean. I just pull the plug and wash it out. It is a lot easier than my Rengeades. Ron
Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I decided to pass on it. I really don't like musket caps or #11 caps for that matter and I told myself that my next muzzle loader would be stainless steel so I wouldn't have to worry about rust. I also told myself it would use 209 primers as after using a gun that takes them I love them. I saw a Knight Disk with a stainless barrel and camo stock for $125 with a Bushnell banner scope and another one for $225 with a thumbhole stock and a Burris scope. Seems like looking at these prices the Knights just don't seem to be very expensive. I realized since it's not exactly what I want I don't really need it even if it is so cheap.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Well, I decided to pass on it. I really don't like musket caps or #11 caps for that matter and I told myself that my next muzzle loader would be stainless steel so I wouldn't have to worry about rust. I also told myself it would use 209 primers as after using a gun that takes them I love them. I saw a Knight Disk with a stainless barrel and camo stock for $125 with a Bushnell banner scope and another one for $225 with a thumbhole stock and a Burris scope. Seems like looking at these prices the Knights just don't seem to be very expensive. I realized since it's not exactly what I want I don't really need it even if it is so cheap.
Well there is nothing wrong with having more then one rifle is there? For that price it would have been a done deal. I've spent more then that in a bar on a Saturday night. As for a stainless steel rifle ... you don't have to worry about rust? Where you got that idea I do not know. Think of them as stain less. Not will not stain or rust. You still have to take care of them, they just slow the clock down a little.

The Knight Disc is a good rifle. I own one and they are a good shooter. Now you need to get a conversion kit or buy lots of primer jackets. Are they the orange or the red jackets?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I didn't buy one of the Knight Disks I've just been looking at them as I've seen those two both pretty cheap. Both of them say they take the orange disks.

My buddy with the Knight BK92 still has it and he told me if I decided later I wanted it I could have it. He said I was the only one that's even asked anything about it so far. It's a good friend that has it so it's not a for sale add. He has tried to sell it to others but I think the price he told them was quite a bit more. In fact I know it is as I've been there when he has been telling a few people about it. If I decide later I want it I can still pick it up if someone else hasn't.

I'm just not sure I want it though. While $55 isn't very much like you said. It's still almost halfway there on one of the other muzzle loaders which are much more what I'd want. I really don't even need another one anyway.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

The orange disc primer jackets indicate it is the older disc rifle. That is the one I have. The older disc rifles are good shooters. At least mine is. They are a heavy rifle so they soak up recoil nice too. I have a 2-7x32 Nikon Pro Staff scope on mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.