Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is a Knight BK92 a good gun?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Spike

The older Knights are good shooters as i have a MK 85 stainless i have hunted with for years. I even have the conversion kit for the musket caps and 209 primers. Is hard to get the 209's in the tight place for hunting cold weather situations. Nothing wrong with the musket caps. Work fine. I bought a rolling block new and don't like it at all. Broke the first time out and got it fixed. Wouldn't buy a new knight as they are out of business now and might not get one fixed. The MK 85 is fine but takes a little longer to take apart and clean compared to break opens like the Accura i just bought. If you could get it for $55 i would take it. Good deal and good shooters. Shoot it and then buy a newer style later and keep it for a backup. I never did like Knight's plastic primer holders as it is one more thing to forget or mess with. Just me.