Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Green Mountain barrels are available now

Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Spike

Default Green Mountain barrels are available now

Just talked to Amy Johnson at Green Mountain and she e-mailed me that the barrels are available now and NOT to believe what some are saying. I do have her phone # if some are interested. She said we can order them off their site now. I had been talking to Kerry Smith who is on vacation right now and she was going to let me know when they were availabe as she said they were ready but waiting for ramrods. Is what i am told despite what some say here.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

his guzzi
Please PM me that number. I want to see if they can give me what I want to rebuild a couple rifles. Lee
Old 01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

You made Semisane a very happy man. I bet he will celebrate with a scotch and ice tonight... I really like their barrels. I wonder if the first scare had to do with flintlock VS percussion as Roundball is a flintlock shooter only, I believe.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was actually considering maybe a 1/70 barrel for the 54 for the prb's. However the 1/48 shoots them so well it kinda nixed the idea.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Spike

Amy at green mountain said to go to gmriflebarrel.com and shipping is free. Is what i am going to try for my long range hunter barrel monday. Hope this helps you guys
Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Got a question on these barrels. Been to the site and I wa wandering if they come to you ready to drop into the stocks? I mean they look like they have to be set up. Like the picture show a barrel blank. Am I wrong on this?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Dominant Buck

The one thing you might have to do is cut a little of the thimble rib off.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

rafsob

These are GM-LRH drop in barrels. They are both 15/16ths and they drop in very easily. The 15/16ths even goes into the Renegade 1" stock without a problem... As Dave said on some of the older Renegade stocks you will need to cut off about 3/16" of the under rib.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Got a question on these barrels. Been to the site and I was wondering if they come to you ready to drop into the stocks? I mean they look like they have to be set up. Like the picture show a barrel blank. Am I wrong on this?
Hey Rafsob, you may be looking at the wrong page on their site. Their "replacement barrels" are for the most part drop-in. Look here. http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...adestylerifles

As Cayugad said, you may have to trim the underrib back at tad, but that's an easy job. They also sell barrel blanks that are not drop in's, but plain blanks that need all of the fittings - underrib, thimbles, sights, breechplug, etc.

I'm mighty glad the info from Roundball seems to be wrong. I don't have a .58 GM round ball Renegade yet. It just may be that Roundball's report was referring to flintlock barrels.