Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

gold dot plunge

Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by omegasmoke
I haven't been fortunate enough to take any game with them, but the 300's are very accurate out of my Omega.
That's good to know,i will work up a load for my triumph and wifes wolverine.don't want to buy 2 different weight bullets if i don't have to..can use the barnes when i go to the condor/vulture zone for the hogs..i am very impressed with the pictures of recovered bullets on this forum..also some of the guys who shoot the barnes here in california have had expansion problems similar to SW bullets at close range.the gold dots appear to have great expansion on both shorter and longer shots.my deer hunting zones do not require copper bullets.so the dots sound like the ticket..cheap enough to plink with and plow some yotes this spring..
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
builder459

I think the Wolverine would do great with the 300 Gold Dot but I do think you would have to use a different sabot than the CR...

You did have the correct number for the Harvester CR..
any suggestionon which sabot for the knight with the 300 gr bullet?