Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Sad News On Green Mountain Drop-in Barrels

Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Sad News On Green Mountain Drop-in Barrels

This was posted yesterday in the General Muzzleloading section of The Muzzleloading Forum. The post was by Roundball, one of that forum's regulars. He's also a member of HNI forums but hasn't posted here in a few years.

According to GM management today, drop-in barrels for T/C Hawkens & Renegades are not on a back burner, they are not in some holding pattern, they are not in temporary suspension, etc, etc...they are history.

I expressly made the point to GM management that I needed to get this issue clarified for us once and for all...do you have or not...will you have or not...etc, etc....said I wanted a yes or no official GM position on the drop-in barrels as a quote I can post on an Internet website.

The GM manager's quote:

"...We have none of those barrels in stock, we have none being manufactured, and we have no plans to manufacture any more drop-in barrels for the T/C Hawken and Renegade..."

Last edited by Semisane; 01-21-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

Ouch!!!!

That is not good news....

I guess that makes the ones that we have that much more valuable....
Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I guess I ought to hang on to that new 15/16" .50 caliber LRH I have sitting in the closet for another year.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

Gees! good point, but I have an empty complete Renegade stock sitting un-used in the back room - maybe you should send it to me and I will fit it to that stock..
Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Aw Sabotloader, you didn't have to tell me that. I wonder what a TC custom shop .58 barrel would cost?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

I wonder what a TC custom shop .58 barrel would cost?
I'll tell you if ya send mye the GM 50 drop in....

Not a really good picture - but, it really needs a barrel...
Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wondered what was going on. I was looking for a .40 drop in a few months ago and both GM and TOTW didn't have any.

That's sad news
Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

...Sabotloader, that stock looks mighty lonely. That looks like a big teardrop on the blue paper beneath it. You ought to send it to me so I can marry it to a good barrel.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

They stopped production of the .45 and caliber barrels awhile back.with inlines being so popular it was only a matter of time till the dropped the remainder of them.some might say raise the price.problem with that is then they would cost more than what you can buy a inline M/L for.sadly it's a sign of the times and has everything to do with and i use the word loosely "global econmy" nuff said.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I think a lot of the reason for being discontinued was simply, supply and demand. Granted, we read a lot about them on forums but notice who is posting. Its the same people over and over again. Most of my barrels were purchased at a reduced rate when GMB was trying to dump them out of inventory. Remember all the sales on them. That does not happen if the supply and demand are close. You had people wanting a .45 caliber barrel for instance. Well on sale they could get the whole rifle for the cost of the new Green Mountain barrel at full price. I think it was a sales thing. They are going to be missed, but I have managed to stock pile a large number of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.