Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New "cheap" T/C Rifle

Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

I agree with MNPRO, they needed a somewhat more affordable rifle to compete with some of the other manufacturers less expensive models.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

im having a hard time looking at the rifles with outdoorsmens Avatar pic
Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

haha...keep your eye on the prize!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

sabotloader
Since we are having fun guessing I will venture one too.
To me the idea of a sliding block considering they will want economical processing would mean the block slides back over the hammer to clear enough space for priming and unpriming. I would guess it will run on rails and let the hammer back down on a bar so it can not fire and that you would have to pull the hammer back to fire it after the block is locked in position for safety sake.
Ti will be fun to see who's guess is closest. Lee
Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lee

If you look at the picture in the Cabelas Shooting Catalog - you can sorta make out a lever on the right side rear of the reciever and actually kinda right beside the trigger - so you might be right. Although i was inclined to think it might release the barrel and forarm to slide forward.... The other thing it does not appear to have any side reciever metal showing at all - almost looks like a one piece stock - except i think i can see a break at the rear of the forearm..

Change the magnification on windows down in the bottom right to 400 and look athe the non camo gun right to the right of the trigger...

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked it over good and as far as I can see it's a one piece stock. No Clues...
(BP)
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

By pulling the zoom up it looks like a two piece stock with a release on the side of the hammer block where it would break open in front of the trigger guard to have access to the barrel. It says in the description on cabela's that its a break open design. I may be wrong, but that how it looks like to me
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

NITEHAWKJS

It certainly would seem more natural to be a break open - but I wonder what slides????
Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know this is about the new TC ML but on TC's web page there is no mention anywhere of this new ML, as with the new CVA Optima there is also no mention on CVA's web page either, what gives? Are these just made for Cabela's? I cant find info anywhere on either one.
(BP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.