Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Let's all try to be Happy as one!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Spike

I am fairly new here but some have helped me a lot. Not new to ML just new here. I help when i can and really appreciate the benefit of some to things that are new to me. I do see some bickering on bullet types and that is about all. Fine to give the good points to what you shoot but don't like the put downs of other bullets. I have left other forums that get to argueing so lets keep it better here. thanks to all that help me and others
Old 01-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm "newer" at muzzleloading but have owned,hunted, and shot different makes and calibers of guns my whole life. We seem to get passionate about what we like and dislike. Not to start anything but there are some bullets I won't shoot, I have my pet loads and that is what I use. I hunt with Barnes bullets. I don't care for the bullets that are made to break apart, my preference. My feeling is you side step what you think is BS and go on. I've learned way too much from this forum. Really this forum is the only reason I sign on to huntingnet. I owe my superior muzzleloading marksmanship to quite a few of the blackpowder members of this board......
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I am always happy. I never take anything someone says serious. It makes my life easier. All I do is shoot my rifles and have fun.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have a great attitude Dave. I don't care what anyone else is shooting as long as I can keep shooting what I want to. We all have opinions and we all have the free will to listen or believe the ones we want to. Be Happy
Art
Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best thing to do is don't worry about what someone else thinks about you, especially those that don't know you...

Heck, I don't care what folks that know me think of me...Most of them don't think too much anyway...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with opinions at all.it's the being smug and defensive and the little smirky faces that bother me.also the picking apart of the product one happens to dislike.some actually seem as if they are employed bye the company whos product they happen to use, and seem to enjoy stirring up the pot.and in doing so can turn a fantastic forum such as this, into one that you don't want to visit.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Well said by all. You are all very interesting and knowledgable and though I don't post as much as some, I am on everyday...except during season...and read it everyday. There is always lots to learn no matter how good or how smart you are there is always something that one can pick up from someone else. Keep up the good discussions everyone!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

i'm almost always happy. The only exception is when arguing politics: Have about given up on that. Arguing politics is akin to like wrestling a big muddy hog in it's pen. You get hog crap and mud all over and the hog just loves it.

i use what works for me and could care less what anyone else uses. If someone's load works for them thats great: i do not comment on that. Just do not tell me that my load will not work for me. Year is off to a good start: Got my second hog of the year today.

Last edited by falcon; 01-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

I can only trust the word of folks that shoot mk85s. So far Flounder is a trusted ally. Just kidding, I just ignore the comments that get too personal and the reactionary comments that ensue. I have muzzleloaded hunted for 30 years now but this forum has taught me a lot and given me a ton of good advice.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deer655
I can only trust the word of folks that shoot mk85s. So far Flounder is a trusted ally. Just kidding, I just ignore the comments that get too personal and the reactionary comments that ensue. I have muzzleloaded hunted for 30 years now but this forum has taught me a lot and given me a ton of good advice.
And a whole lot of good laughs!!I can hardly wait for April fools day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.