Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cayugad vs. Cayuga

Old 12-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cayugad vs. Cayuga

OK Dave, you're Cayugad here and on Beartooth, and Cayuga on Modern Muzzleloader. Entertain us with the story. What's a Cayugad anyway? I know there's a Cayuga Co. in New York. By the way, Mapquest can't even find your address.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

I think part of the story is that Dave lives near Cayuga Lake...

And remember the the Cayuga's were a part of the famous Iroquois League (Nation), stretching from New York to Minnesota.

Consisting of these Native American Tribes

Mowhawk
Oneida
Cayuga
Onadaga
Seneca
and later they added the
Tuscarora

You would be surprised how close a lot of our Constitution parrallels the Nation's Laws set by the Grand Council...
Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Cayuga Lake is ne of the finger lakes in NY, Is there one by Dave also?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Funny he is cayugad on here and is the same on NAHC forums.Whats it matter anyway.He is always full with good advice.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Screwbolts

I guess not I thought I looked up his address one time and I thought their was a Lake Cayuga near by - but I can not find it on the map - so now I do not know why I thought that....

OK I am at a loss as to why I thought that a lake was involved...

Hope he comes on soon and splains everything...

Last edited by sabotloader; 12-17-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Cayuga is the first part and d= Dave. On one site when I registered, I forgot the d.

I live in Northern Wisconsin in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. In the middle of the national forest off a main highway is a unincorporated town called Cayuga. It is the one of the little towns near me. There are 15 people in Cayuga last I knew. Just a couple families. Also there is still the Cayuga Hotel and Saloon but no other business anymore.

Cayuga was once a big logging town. There were 1500 people there. They had a post office, a bordello, hardware store, saloons... I mean a real town. Once the logging died out the town did also, except for a few that would not leave the area.

This area was originally owned by Cornell University in New York. They had a big study area of the fauna, rock formations caused by Lake Superior, etc. The town's original name was Cornell Crossing. But the University had some beef with the town using the name Cornell, so they changed the name to Cayuga, after the lake that the university sits on. Also Cayuga is a name of a Native American Tribe and there are lots of Native Americans around here.

Even though I am miles away from Cayuga, the joke was I was considered from Cayuga (so they could claim one more person and my dog as population numbers). So when screen names were needed, I just used where I lived. On one site Cayuga was taken so I added a d.

That should answer your questions....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

As I understand it, the name was given to him by the UPS office in his region.

Call And Yell Until Guns Are Delivered.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

I knew there was a Cayuga involved - just couldn't remember what...

What is the name of the closest Range District?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Dominant Buck

You mean like the Forest Service Ranger District... That would be Park Falls, WI. The Ruffed Grouse Capitol of the World...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

I take that back... I looked in my Big Map book of the Chequamegon and I am in the Glidden Ranger District. Glidden brags that they are the black bear capitol of the world. Glidden once had more black bear in the area then any where else in the US but I think that is not the case anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.