Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cayugad vs. Cayuga

Old 12-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

The one on the left looks very heavy.
That one on the left was shot by a friend of mine named Gary. He's got a good spot he goes to back in the federal and has shot a lot of nice deer. He later had that mount turned into a full body mount. They shot a deer as big as that one, and all the person wanted was the horns so he took it and made a full body mount out of the deer. If I remember right, it was the second biggest in the State that year.

The one on the right was shot by a logger named Paul. He knew the area and the story is he shot that three miles in. I would have hated to drag that thing out three miles. But he went and got some friends and they brought it out.

Cayuga
Breechplug the word itself means people of the mud or people of the great swamps, I was told. Its a tribe name and also a language. But as I said, its just the name of a small town near me.

Could you recommend a lake and resort nearby? Wife and i fish for most everything but partial to Walleye and Smallies.
There are walleye lakes all over up here. Most of them are not that large. The lake near me has Walleye. Within ten miles of my house there are three walleye lakes. Lake Superior out of Bayfield, WI has great walleye fishing. And if you can get back onto the Reservation to the slues off the bay, they catch some real horses back there. As for places to stay, this whole area is full of campgrounds, hotels, etc.. I really would not know where to send you.

Another thing is Chequamegon Bay has excellent salmon, monster lake trout, small mouth, and other kinds of fishing. There are some charter services out of some of the towns on the Bay.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

We fished the Pike-Round Lake chain a few years ago and done OK. The resort we stayed at was really run down and didn't thrill the ole lady much. Is this near you?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a beautiful part of the world you live in Dave. Do you fish for the speckled trout in your area? Also are there still some coasters on Superior near you or are they only on the North Shore?
Art
Old 12-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, try a case of this in 3F and let me know what you think? http://www.powderinc.com/cgi-bin/bps...R_ID=504224590