Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

what's the best BP revolver

Old 12-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine will tear a ragged hole at 25 yds off the bench with a Round ball with 28 to 38 gr of powder I use 38 for boar hunting. If I was hunting any thing bigger than boar or deer I would use the conical because of the penetration. I had it made with a flat nose so I could get more powder under it. The Foot pounds of energy and the penetration is more on the conical.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by BIG.PAUL
would you guys hunt hogs or deer at close range with one?
It is illegal in Virginia. It may be in other states also.

If by close you mean within 25 yards, I don't think it would be a good idea to try and hunt a hog. It might p*** him off. Then he would probably want of piece of you a**.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Rafsob, That is a nice peice of metal, I have found a couple of Rugers on Ebang. I was woundering, has anyone made a a BP revolver that had adjustable sights?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by BIG.PAUL
Rafsob, I was woundering, has anyone made a a BP revolver that had adjustable sights?

None that I have ever heard of, unless it was a custom job.

There was a handgun, single shot, that was for sale in the Cabala's catelog. It had adjustable sights I believe.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

It is legal in many states to hunt with a BP pistol as long as it meets certain conditions.