Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Found my shakey cure for the range

Old 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

MD, we all have them days when we cant hold er still. A set-up like yours will help a-lot, almost like mine. I can tell from the minute I hit the range weather Im gonna have a good day or a so so one from the first shot. If my first 5 shot group is at 3"+ then I quit and go home as I know the day befor they were 1" If you keep shooting when your not doing good it only makes you try harder and then it gets worse.
Coffee does'nt help either! Being a IBO (Bow Shooter) I never ever drink Caffene the day of a shoot.
Success to you on your Elk Hunt next year!
(BP)
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ALWAYS shake... you've just got to learn to time your spasms.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

I forgot about this pic! Okay so we all know i shot 3 times today. I ran one damp patch, and then ran this second patch down the accura's bore. Pretty clean after only 2 patches.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Underclocked
Try some good bullets with Harvester crushed rib sabots and get your blood sugar checked.
X2
My Accura will shoot inch and a half at 100 with 200 gr. SW's, crush rib sabots and 90 BH209. With three cups of the wifes high octane!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Banned

I had to go shooting! I only had one cup of coffee this morning so no shakes this time out.

i shot 3 250gr lehighs with 75gr ( weight) Pyrodex RS. Roughly 105gr RS, CCI MZL 209 primers. I didn't swab between shots at all. After 3 shots i went home and got one more speed loader, adjusted my scope and got it perfectly dead on. I figured it was shooting to the left due to the fouled bore.

You don't have to push these suckers hard to get good accuracy. 1- 7/8" 3 shot group center to center without swabbing with RS. Im lovin the CCI's!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Banned

Amazed again. A total of 2 wet patches to clean all of the Pyrodex Out of the barrel. I gave the barrel a hot soapy bath afterwards but this is amazing me how much cleaner the barrel is due to the cci MZL primers.

patch on the left is the first and the patch on the right in the second. I ran one more down the bore and there wasnt a spot on it. I always follow up with the soapy bath, cant let my girl be dirty you know