Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Football season over - Finally got to go Hunting

Old 10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Enjoyed the discourse Sabotloader. Glad you had an enjoyable day.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Semi

In those pictures of the Elder Berry Bush - I wanted to show how bull elk like beat and destroy Tall & Skinny things.... I have no worries at all - I would not be a victum...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Semi

In those pictures of the Elder Berry Bush - I wanted to show how bull elk like beat and destroy Tall & Skinny things.... I have no worries at all - I would not be a victum...
Wish I had a link to that video clip I saw last year of a bull coming in on tape from 90 degrees off the expected direction and walking up within a few feet of a bowhunter....MAN that would get the heart pumping!

I saw similar tall and skinny things beat all to heck on my elk hunt last year. The evident power was amazing!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

spaniel

A few years back I watched a 6x6 bull take on a young larch tree. He was across the draw on an adjacent ridge and Iwas watching through binocs... This tree was a healthy - well it started out 'healthy' - larch tree probably 6/7" inches in diameter and at least 20/25' tall. The bull beat it up so bad it made tree look like a piece of cooked spaghetti... I am sure he was trying to uproot it - he failed but he did break it off about 4' up from the ground. He then picked up the broken piece with his horns and flipped it out over the edge and down towards the draw bottom... He then just walked away seemed pretty content at that point. I think he had jst lost a tussle with a heard bull and wanted to make himself feel better.