Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ML hunt

Old 10-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ML hunt

The wife and myself just finished a 3 day ml hunt wildlife management area with no luck. We saw a few does and bucks, but no bucks of any size. The hunt was for 5 days but sometimes ya just have to go back to work. I sure wish one of us could have made some smoke, but thats the breaks sometimes. Arkansas ml season starts this Saturday morning and I am off the whole 9 day season, just maybe my luck will change.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I have had hunts like that as well. While it is nice to score a little venison, just being out there is half the hunt. Good luck with the upcoming hunt.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Are you hunting wooded areas or open fields? It is a little cooler than normal here in Missouri and I have seen them in the timbers more this year as we have had a great acorn crop. My bet would be hunt the timbers and look for white oak acorns. I have an appointment with Mr 10 point buck this weekend with a bow on saturday. Our gun season does not open until November 14 and Muzzy is not until late December. I hunt both seasons with a muzzy and no longer have centerfires. Good luck on your season at least you can enjoy the time off from work as well, but it is even harder to go back to work the longer you stay in the woods.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

The fact that you have a wife that will share the enjoyment of the great outdoors with you is great. With nine days off for the primative weapons season maybe the two of you will will connect with trophey bucks.

Good Luck to you both.