Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

change of heart....Endeavor or BC Triumph?

Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Spike

Default change of heart....Endeavor or BC Triumph?

so just before i decided to fully commit to a Encore Endeavor i thought to myself...will i ever buy a different barrel for it? and my honest answer was no since i live in southern MI and you cant use rifles during firearm season...So i changed my mind and now i'm getting a Triumph Camo Bone Collector...so now im second guessing myself...i can still prolly change my mind...but did i make the right decision?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you did. I know a couple of guys that have switch barrel guns. They never seem to switch barrels though.

I have a .22 long rifle and .22 Mag barrel for a little knock-around NEF. I don't think I've switched barrels more than once.

I have a .45 and a .54 barrel for my TC Renegade and I'm looking for another Renegade stock so I don't have to switch barrels. I've come to the conclusion that two guns are better than one gun with two barrels.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered a Bone Collector myself.

The price of the "multi-barrels" are basically the price of a solo gun anyway. I'd rather have 2 guns!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Triumph has a much better trigger out of the box and is in my opinion the most accurate factory muzzle loader made. The difference made by the recoil absorbing stock is something each person must judge for himself. I have the Endeavor the Triumph and the Omega. The Endeavor took a bit of tweaking the Triumph and the Omega shot right out of the box. The biggest draw back as far as I am concerned is not having a Stainless Steel version available, that phony plating makes me gag. So naturally my is blue. For me the choice thats hardest on the Triumph is between the recoil absorbing stock and a laminate wood stock. I like the strength and the Stainless Steel of the Endeavor so please don't think I am knocking it but I must admit it did cost twice as much as a Triumph sells for.
The bottom line is they are all good guns you have to pick the one that meets your needs.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are not going to change barrels, I think you made the right choice.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Spike

Default change of heart

Originally Posted by trob_205
so just before i decided to fully commit to a Encore Endeavor i thought to myself...will i ever buy a different barrel for it? and my honest answer was no since i live in southern MI and you cant use rifles during firearm season...So i changed my mind and now i'm getting a Triumph Camo Bone Collector...so now im second guessing myself...i can still prolly change my mind...but did i make the right decision?
if your not going to change barrels you made the right choice the endeavor is too much money anyway for no more then your getting i have a regular encre and i love it shoots great the reason i bought it is so i could change barrels going to get 7mm barrel for it
Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can get a riflesd slug barrel for that endeavor. Also can't you shoot chucks, coyote's and varmints w/ 22-250. 223 and such in Southern MI? if so you have a shooting platform to hang that round on.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you made a wise decision. Although I own an Endeavor and love it. It has a great trigger and is very accurate. I never plan to swap barrels. Although turning it into a pistol would be cool.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I too live in Southern, MI (Jackson) and had the exact same debate. I looked at the options of multiple barrel capability, but the Triumph was to nice of a gun. It is definetly a shooter and maybe my favorite gun in the arsenal (.257 WBY still holds the top spot).

You will not be sorry.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I use a Encore PH... I feel they are over priced however the Triumph and the new Bone Collector models are even more overpriced...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.