Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cva optima pro?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey JD, you have to know the secret code to find the $39.95 ProDiamond. Try this link. ( I have three of them. )

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...TOKEN=30047636
Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Spike

Thanks alot semi! What are your thoughts on this scope? At that price i can get one for my mag hunter too!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I have the Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm on two different inline rifles. So far I have put a lot of powerful loads under them and they do not break. I have one of them on a White Bison and shoot large conicals all the time. So far, I have not killed that Simmons scope. I intend to get a couple more just to have around.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well JD, I bought my first one about two years ago from Natchez when, on a whim, I added the scope to a bullet order. It was a $19.95 "Refurbished Special". I mounted it on a NEF single shot .22 long rifle that I throw in my boat when I'm fishing, or in the truck when I'm just knocking around in the woods.

I liked it so much that I soon put it on my Renegade's .45 Green Mountain LRH barrel, wondering how it would hold up to the recoil. After a hundred or so shots I figured it would hold up pretty well. When I got my Omega X7 last year I mounted a 3x9 scope on it, but soon became dissatisfied with the size of that scope in comparison to the trim little gun. So I ordered another ProDiamond and put it on the X7. It was perfect. That one had the Fast Focus Eyepiece feature that the first one did not have. (See http://huntingnet.com/forum/black-po...aller-one.html ) Then I acquired a .54 GM slow twist barrel for the Renegade and got another ProDiamond for that barrel. And if I ever get ahold of a .58 barrel for the Rene I'll be getting another ProDiamond for that.

So, I guess you could say I kinda` like that scope. Clear, simple, trim, tough as nails, long eye relief, a very wide range of adjustments, and I really like the Fast Focus Eyepiece.

Here's the one on the Renegade.