Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Elite/Extreme BH209 Lehigh plug.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

sabotloader,
That bolt is still pretty dirty. I think the key is going to be breech plug length with the red plastic jackets. maybe even a wider flame channel??? I wish you would of shot that with new jackets. I guess i need to send you more bullets to shoot.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

Believe me - it is not near as bad as it can get and nothing on the scope. It was really manageable, besides I really do not worry about it - the only time it is a problem is at the range. Hunting you would never even notice and it is a hunting rifle?

Without the domed vent liner it would have been caked on the breech floor and the face of the bolt - not to mention the burning on the scope. It certainly is not a Triumph for cleanliness but it certainly was better.

Yes! new jackets would have made a lot of difference - but I very seldom shoot new jackets except for hunting.

I am thinking about another small adaptation that might help a bit also - just got to fine the right piece of teflon.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

while i could'nt wait and bought a nfpj bp from knight i'm still very intrested in the work you folks are putting out and would like to put one in my .45 super disc.blowback free is always a big plus to me....karl
Old 09-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cleaned up the ML tonight. I took out the bolt and cleaned the barrel. I'm sending primer holder back to Lehigh and the rest of the plugs. He is going to make some changes to the plug. I will say the first test plug was 75 to 80% better. I hope he can get it as good as a Triumph on the next try.

The red plastic jacket plug he will probably eliminate the nipple on the plug. Or get more flame directed down the flame channel some how. He should have them done this week.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

After talking with Dave alot of changes are being made like i already mentioned. The plug should be just about 90% blow back free when done. The red plastic jacket plug wont be started until this one is done.