Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady and TC

Old 09-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hornady and TC

I have been using the 250g TC shockwave out of my Omega. Recently, I was able to pick up Hornady SST bullets at a lesser cost.
The Hornady's were grouping in the same spot.
The bullets look identical other then the color of the plastic tip.

Is it possible that the Hornady bullets and the TC shockwave are made by the same company?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is it possible that the Hornady bullets and the TC shockwave are made by the same company?

They are both made by Hornady.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

They are the same bullet but a different sabot. Sometimes they do not load the same. For instance the shockwaves load fine in my Black Diamond. But the SST's are near impossible.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
They are the same bullet but a different sabot. Sometimes they do not load the same. For instance the shockwaves load fine in my Black Diamond. But the SST's are near impossible.
I noticed the same. The TC's load fine but the Hornady's are much tougher to get down the barrel.
Interestingly enough though, they have the same impact point for me using 90g of loose Pyrodex