Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thor i shot in camp

Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

Default Thor i shot in camp

Heres some pics of a tree i took a shot at on the last day in camp. It was the only thing that stayed around long enough for me to shoot at. 247gr Colorado Thor - 110gr pyrodex RS @ 50 yards into a 9" thick Ponderosa pine tree. Entrance, Exit, Wasnt afraid to get a little rain on the Accura's Stainless barrel. Zero rust after 9 days of crappy weather!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're not fooling us MD. That tree was directly behing the elk you missed.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're not fooling us MD. That tree was directly behing the elk you missed.
I think you hit on something there Bronko. I think the Devil just "OHMmmmed" himself a miss.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Hey! I didnt shoot at the buck and miss! If that had been the case, i'd have nailed the buck even if the tree was in the way! Its cool to see that you can shoot through a 9" tree and nail what ever is behind it LOL.

Man is it snowing!! Already have 3" of wet snow on the ground, total whiteout and still coming on strong. So much for the food plot i had planned on.