Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Triumph vs Thompson Omega?

Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PHA
Am I right in thinking that the Triumph's are not stainless and the weather shield coating is only on the outside and not the inside of the barrel where you really need the protection to be?
100% Correct. My biggest problem with the Triumph. I have even had some unscrupulous (or ignorant) salesmen claim the weathershield is stainless steel.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Triumph loads that my gun likes:
Accuracy load:
250gr Bonded Shock Wave with a Short Black[listed as 300gr and less] Harvester 120 gr Blackhorn 209 This load has shot some groups that were .75 and under when every thing including the shooter was just right.
Hunting loads:
The 250 gr Gold Dot with the long black Harvester[300gr +] sabot and 110 gr BH209
I have take deer and boar for the past 3 years with this load.
Developing a load of 110 gr BH209 and the 250gr Lehigh shoots good waiting for a chance to try it on game.