Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help for a rookie with TC Omega - It Worked!!

Old 09-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Range Update

Just wanted to thank all who posted advice on my challenges. Here is my update:

1) I floated my barrel by using sand paper.

2) I reduced my velocity by going up to a 300 grn. Scorpion PT Gold / Harvesters Crushed Rib with 100grns of T7 or 80 grns with the 245 grn. Barnes MZ Expander Boat tail / Harvester's yellow boat tail sabot.

The results were great. At 75 meters ( 82 yds. ) I'm shooting cloverleafs. At 100 meters (110 yds. ) I have 2" groups.

The only question is the Scorpion PT Gold a quality bullet? I plan on hunting with it this fall.

Thanks again. Your advice saved the day!!

Last edited by Josmund; 09-26-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear your Omega is shooting better. Give that 250gr. shockwave and the Harvester short black sabot a try when you get a chance. I really think you will like that combo. Just seems to shoot real good in most T/C's.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The scorpion PT gold is a good bullet by all accounts I've ever heard- I would feel confident with it.