Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

So where is everyone?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Sure miss the old days here. This past year it beens like everyone has left and those who are here, dont have much to say lately. Over the winter i figured it was just cabin fever and such but wow its summer, going to be fall here soon and its still the same.

Anyone have some good advice and recipes on how to cook bear?
i enjoy bear meat more than deer ...also a heads up bear meat has to be well done ..no medium rare steaks ...spring bear meat is better tasting than a bear that was killed in the fall ..
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

A friend of mine who guides bear hunts was so concerned about cooling the bear down quickly, (I helped him build it) he built a small shed with hanging racks in it. Then he mounted a monster in the wall air conditioner in that little shack. So once the bear is brought in, he can hang it, and cool it down fast.

A friend of mine shot a bear on my property a few years back. He got it in the afternoon. We were butchering at eight o'clock the next morning. We cool them and cut them. We never let them "age" like a venison.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UtahRob
I spend most of the time at the MML site . Also like other have said , other sites are easier to use . posting photos and i don't get kicked off ALL the time . Half the time when i post something here it logs me off .
utah rob,
I don't know if it was my message that did it,but i sent a
"GRIPEMAIL" to the webmaster of this forum and I have had no trouble on this last session.haven't been told I'm not logged in
no matter what .maybe they just needed to know what was up or they knew and just got it ironed out. back on topic,I agree with your post about Cayuagads range reports.I don't care what he's shootin or how far ,I still enjoy them. You stay cool up there in the great white north brother.
TICK
Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

Are you guys using internet explorer? For the past 3 days its been giving me fits and keeps making me log in over and over and OVER. I cleared the cache,history, everything! Still the same crap. Im using firefox now with no issues at all.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Man i've been away close to 6 months and just put up a post a few days ago. With work and fishing just no time to shoot anymore. Hard to beleive Bow season starts on the 15th and I have not even tuned that up. Where does the time go?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Are you guys using internet explorer? For the past 3 days its been giving me fits and keeps making me log in over and over and OVER. I cleared the cache,history, everything! Still the same crap. Im using firefox now with no issues at all.
fire fox is what i am using . If i sign in and forget mark the remember me box it will take me right back to the sign in every time , even though i AM signed it . I just TRY to remember to mark the remember me box!!! But what bugged me was when i would post something and go to send it and i would get logged off or get logged off in the middle and lose my post . so far that has not been the case since i started coming here again. BUT before i just gave up and stopped .
Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Like someone said, most of it has been said before.

Most often we end up posting about personal experiences in the woods. And it is getting very close to big game season through out the states.

My season starts in early Oct for archery. I have been busy working out in the woods getting ready. I put up two more stands and have one more to hang. I will need to put up my Dog House blind. I got a perfect place for it. I will put it in the base of a hollow. That should work nicely.

Of course there is always a down side to all this was, TICKS!!! Thank God for Perminon. That keeps the little buggers down.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Mostly I am lurking in the background as I am getting booted off everytime I post or move to a different thread. As a result I seldom bother to sign in. I just show up, see wassup and move on.