Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

So who is going to hunt with their Remington Genesis?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So who is going to hunt with their Remington Genesis?

I know quite a few guys on here bought the Remington Genesis muzzle loaders when Cabela's had them on sale last year before Christmas. So who all is going to get them out and hunt with them this year? Do most of you guys who bought them still have them? If so how are they holding up? Do you still like them 8 months or so later?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bought two of them. Both of them I have liked quite well. They are not top of the line but I think they are a great gun for the money.

Mine will get a good bit of use this year in several states.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

while i do'nt own one i've seen them shoot great groups.good luck this season....karl
Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I of course was enticed into buying a stainless steel model. Of my inlines that shoot sabots, it is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. Its balanced, easy to clean, it fits me well (which is important), and most of all very accurate. Mine will get a chance at a whitetail this year if the deer are cooperative. I will be shooting two pyrodex pellets and some 250 grain Barnes Expanders MZ out of it. I don't expect much of a tracking job...

A buddy just picked up a nice 75 acre farm, with some open fields and a nice set of woods. He wants me to visit, see his new place and see his brand new house, and deer hunt with him. Sounds like a lot of fun. A good place for the Genesis in the fields by his woods.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would if I still owned one. I use to have two of them. The Black/Blue and the Buckmasters Edition. My wife told me to get rid of them when I got the Endeavor. I didn't see myself using them much more after I first shot the Endeavor anyway. But when I use to use the Black/Blue, I loved it. It shot great! I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with one.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Spike

I'll be using mine again this year.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will be usine mine durring the shotgun season here in Minnesota. I would use it for the ML season too, but here you cant use a scope in the ML season, and I put a scope on it when I bought it. I have a CVA Wolf that I will be using durring ML season.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine will see the woods quite a bit.