Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Osama bin Laden Died Today-Wrong on That

Old 08-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Osama bin Laden Died Today-Wrong on That

The big boar hog named Osama bin Laden gave up his life at 8:26 pm cst today. Picture and story will follow tomorrow (Sunday).

If you have to load a huge boar hog into your pickup by yourself do it before you are 70 years old.

Last edited by falcon; 08-16-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dang, I thought at first you typed Obama ben Laden.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is not OBL. OBL was seen this morning by my farm neighbor. However, it is still a big boar hog.

Range: 35-50 yards.
Orientation: Broadside
Weight: 294 pounds field dressed.

Gun: CVA Staghorn
Powder Load: 110 grains of GoeX Pinnacle 2F
Bullet: 240 grain .430 XTP
Primer: Winchester shotgun

Was watching a pond and had just shot at a smaller hog. There was no sign that the hog was hit: No blood, hair or anything. But i kept hearing grunts like a mortally wounded hog sometimes makes. Started walking in a semi circle looking for that hog when i saw a hog take off through the grass.

This hog just stood there and got himself shot. He squealed for about 15 seconds and then stopped. Approached the hog and found him on the ground paralyzed but alive. Administer a coup de grace.

Dragged the hog to a road bank, drove over the bank and tried to drag the hog into the truck with no luck. Gutted the hog and was barely able to get him loaded.

That hog was hit in the lungs. A piece of the bullet must have hit some CNS thing and paralyzed the hog. The bullet did not exit.

That boar is very fat. When i washed out the body cavity with a hose big fat globules washed out with the blood and gore. This is the heaviest bodied hog i have ever seen. The bacon was 2.5" thick.
Attached Thumbnails Osama bin Laden Died Today-Wrong on That-osama-bin-laden-003-small-.jpg   Osama bin Laden Died Today-Wrong on That-osama-bin-laden-002-small-.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either way that is a great hog.One of these day's im gonna have to find a place to hunt them.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!! way to go. That Staghorn of yours is a little too deadly for your own good. You are going to have to live on just porK. Although things could be worse.. Nice shooting.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice hog! Do you have any better pics? Like some pics of it hanging or you posing with it? That fatty looks like he's been feeding well. Probably on the local crops.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are going to have to live on just porK.

We eat about two meals of pork a week at our place. Most of the hogs i kill are given away. Some go to the sheriff's drug court in another county.

Those are the only pics that we had time for this morning. We weighed the hog late last night and iced it down with 13 bags of ice. The ice had almost completely melted by 7:00 am this morning. The guy who was supposed to get this hog did not call me until very late in the morning and we had already given it to another family.

The man we gave the hog to will save the head for me. After some scraping and a couple of weeks on an ant hill we will photograph the skull.

That fatty looks like he's been feeding well. Probably on the local crops.
This is the surprising thing about this hog. There are no crops in that area. i'm sure he has eaten from my feeders but they are tended infrequently and are empty over 90 percent of the time. That hog was so fat that most of his poop tube was encased in fat.

Last edited by falcon; 08-16-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
This is the surprising thing about this hog. There are no crops in that area. i'm sure he has eaten from my feeders but they are tended infrequently and are empty over 90 percent of the time. That hog was so fat that most of his poop tube was encased in fat.
So what do you think fattened him up so much? Could he have been getting corn from another hunters feeder?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Nice porker!
I've been fortunate enough to find someone to help load heavy deer into my trunk. One time it was a conservation officer!
Now I carry a deer hoist with me which I would hook up to a tree limb, just in case no one else is around.

Last edited by arcticap; 08-16-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Could he have been getting corn from another hunters feeder?

Not a many folks in that area run deer feeders this time of the year. That hog could have been eating out of a calf creep feeder or eating some horse supplement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.