Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Savage Vent-Liners

Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lehigh Savage Vent-Liners

Here are the vent-liners that i have been testing for the Savage breech plugs. They work great with Savage recommended powders. I will take some pics tonight for Edge to post how he mentioned before. The liners are $20.00 bucks for four and that includes shipping.

http://www.lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=25

Direct replacement vent liner for the Savage MLII muzzleloader. The domed head and computer modeled internal design improve combusion efficiency and consistency resulting in reduced velocity variation and less ignition fouling. Vent liners are produced from a MIL-spec steel alloy and are vacuum heat treated to a proprietary multi-step process to extend life to greater than 150 shots when using factory recommended smokeless loads. The deep hex allows for easy removal without stripping.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Banned

Have they improved Accuracy in you rifle?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Have they improved Accuracy in you rifle?
A few people have tested these liners with pretty much the same results. More consisitent velocities which leads to more consistent groups. My liner has 180 shot's on it with only .001 in wear. That's actually really good. Lehigh made these liners really good and cheaper for all to save a few bucks.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Banned

Yeah that is an improvement. Used to see info on changing them out every 60-80 shots. That'd get expensive pretty quick.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
A few people have tested these liners with pretty much the same results. More consisitent velocities which leads to more consistent groups. My liner has 180 shot's on it with only .001 in wear. That's actually really good. Lehigh made these liners really good and cheaper for all to save a few bucks.
BTW- They are currently sold out. Liners and bullets are selling alot faster then expected. They should be available again in early august.