Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cabelas 3x10x40 ML Scope

Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cabelas 3x10x40 ML Scope

Big Brown stopped today, Terry was gone - that was good, but the driver left a good sized Cabelas box.

The scope has arrived... first impressions - I think it might just be an alright scope. I can not imagine the lenses are the best in the world but dang they are clear. It does have a fast focus ring, which when you are blind like me is really nice. It really does feel light also, can not imagine that is is going to add much to the weight of the gun.

The turrent adjustment knobs are very easy to hold and turn. Fairly positive 1/4 min clicks... another interesting fact - the scope comes with a very small allen wrench... After you are zeroed you can use the wrench to lossen the turrent knob and set it to zero. With that ability you have an opportunity to use it somewhat as a tactile scope if you do your home work.

Eye relief... the book says 3.75 - I am not sure of that yet. Just holding it out in front of me on 3 power - when I measure from my eye to the lens it is right at 5" and when I go to 10 power it seems to be right at 4". It will be really nice to get it mounted and measure all of that again. But, inatially, it looks good.

Here is a picture with a Bushnell Elite 3200 in the background. They are vertually the same length. Not suggesting that they are coming from the overseas Bushnell factory as the eye piece is completely different - like someone suggested more like an Omega eye piece.

Have not got anything to put it on right now - but I am hoping to get another Rem 700 ml SS - 45 cal by the end of the next week - I will mount it on that gun and give it a go...

Next test - right now it is going in the refrerator overnight... I'll take it out in the morning and see how it handles the cold moist temps in the refer...

Last edited by sabotloader; 07-17-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good Sabotloader.......UPS has been a frequent stop at your house lately. I wish my wife was as understanding as yours.

BTW- That does look like a Bushnell scope.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

Not a problem anymore - I just tell it is some more of your stuff coming here... or I blame it on Dave - "it was his suggestion that I needed one..."
Old 07-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Grouse45

Not a problem anymore - I just tell it is some more of your stuff coming here... or I blame it on Dave - "it was his suggestion that I needed one..."
That's what i figured.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

That sure looks like my Bushnell 3200. It will be interesting to see how it shoots for you.