Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tubes

Old 07-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tubes

I just made an order through Lane and if they work half as good as everyone says I'm sure i will be happy. My question is will they last the season if I load a bunch and put them up for say 4 to 6 weeks? He says sealed caps so I figure they will last in our hunting trailer during the season.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tubes

If anybody else is looking for vials, A guy over on Doug's. I think his name is smokeeter has about the same ones a little cheaper than lane has them for.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

jaybez101099

They are/will seal tight. The only negative that I can think of with them, as a powder storage, is that they are clear. Powder comes in dark cotainers for a reason... powder does not like light. How long it takes for light, UV's, to work on powder I do not know. I use the tubes for a day @ the range, but I still use the 4-in-1 speed loaders for hunting.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

jaybez101099

They are/will seal tight. The only negative that I can think of with them, as a powder storage, is that they are clear. Powder comes in dark cotainers for a reason... powder does not like light. How long it takes for light, UV's, to work on powder I do not know. I use the tubes for a day @ the range, but I still use the 4-in-1 speed loaders for hunting.
I use a smaller, but otherwise very similar, version of these vials to hold pre-weighed smokeless loads both when I go to the range and for hunting. I got mine from Randy Wakeman. They aren't big enough to hold a full charge of BP or subs though. Mine hold my usual 44 grain charge of AA5744 and are about 2/3 full. I like them because I can weight and throw the powder from my RCBS powder measure into the vials, and they are the perfect size for loading the rifle.

As for being clear and the issue of UV light. I don't know about anyone else, but I keep my powder vials, bullets and primers in a possibles bag (actually, it's a large camo fanny pack), so the powder is only exposed to sunlight when it's being loaded into the rifle. The vial do a great job keeping powder fresh and dry. I had 4 vials I found in my gun case that had been filled from two years ago with 44 grains of AA-5744. Out of curiousity, after examining the powder to rule out obvious deteriation, I loaded and shot that powder and put the bullets into the same group as the vials I had filled that morning. That's proof enough for me.

Mike
Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

i just received an order from lane,i really like the tubes and lanes very nice to do bussness with....karl
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

last time I checked, smokeeater only had the short 5ml tubes, and he ships from canada.

I have short and long 10ml tubes, all for just .36 a tube, free shipping, for forum members only.

(Stupid Ebay has forced me to sell them for .42 cents each...and they never quit at finding ways to raise fees/prices
Please do NOT buy from my ebay site if you are reading this)

Smokeeter's tube can be seen here:
http://dougsmessageboards.proboards....play&thread=98

Last edited by LaneNebraska; 07-10-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: sp
Old 07-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck

If anybody else is looking for vials, A guy over on Doug's. I think his name is smokeeter has about the same ones a little cheaper than lane has them for.
You tell a member here to go to another forum to buy something when the current member HERE sales the same product???? I think enough was said already.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Spike

I have had nothing but great sevice out of Lane , I think I will stay with him !
Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: HOGGHEAD

I have had nothing but great sevice out of Lane , I think I will stay with him !
+1 / I think im set for a little while though Unless he gets green,blackand yeller caps so i can match them for the caliber of Powerbelt im shootin. Just loaded 3 of them now so i can do a final sight in with my Plainsman.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Yea lane tubes

Quick Reply: Tubes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.