Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Pa. Hunter Tell Me What you know about this rifle

Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default TC Pa. Hunter Tell Me What you know about this rifle

Dave or anyone else who has traditional guns. what can you tell me abot these rifles?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Pa. Hunter Tell Me What you know about this rifle

I actually just sold mine not to long ago. It's a good PRB Muzzleloader. The 1/66 twist is to slow for sabots. Mine was a Flintlock and very reliable. I still prefer the Lyman DeerStalker and the 1/48 twist makes it more user friendly.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks,Grouse
the one I bought is a caplock. Did your flinter have QLA or was it rifled all the way out?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

this is my first traditional style rifle ,so I have questions about somethings.nothing serious.i e-mailed TC ,to see if they could send a parts schematic.
haven't heard back yet. I bought it from a Cabelas .It was in the Gun library ,so I didn,t get to talk to the previous owner.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a PA Hunter .50 caliber cap lock. It has the 32" barrel 1-66 twist barrel, and is an amazing roundball shooter. It is well balanced for having such a long barrel. Also mine has these old fashion iron sights with a round bead front on a pin and then the large buckhorn type in the back. They are my favorite iron sights as my eyes can center every thing real well.

Its favorite load is 90 grains of Black Powder 2f and a patched roundball. I normally patch with pillow tick and moosemilk 99% of the time. Normally anyone that gets one refuses to part with them. I lucked out when I got mine.

Woodtick, I don't know what lucky star you sleep under, but for finding your first traditional rifle, you could not have picked a better one.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It did not have the QLA.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

mine does not have the QLA either. I think towards the end of their run, some of them did. And it might be possible they also had a 1-48 twist barrel. But I would not swear to that.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

thanks dave,
I feel very fortunate to have found it. My does not have the QLA. The bluing and barrel condition are excellent.The Ramrod is not original I'm sure.it's fiberglass and too long.
the stock has a few blemishes.Yours is really beautiful Dave.The stock on mine is walnut,but has some amazing grain. In places it almost looks like Maple.I hope to find an original Ramrod for mine.Any ideas where I can find one? Numrich maybe.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Track of the Wolf would sell original hickory ramrods. They also sell ramrods that you can put together to the exact length you want. I am guessing you have an older one and it will amaze you how well it shoots.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Dave ,
i will give track of the wolf atry on that ramrod. I have a quetion for you,about the lock.No matter what position the lock is in, the hammer has a little wiggle in it.
is that normal or is there something missing from mine to make it loose?

Quick Reply: TC Pa. Hunter Tell Me What you know about this rifle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.