Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Frying a Flintlock

Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Frying a Flintlock

I know about the tourists, we had a motorcycle group the got loaded up with booze and streaked through the primitive area at Friendshipwith out a stitch on. You know the song about powder there behinds? We sure tried and as far as I know they never did that there again. Good thing to, I had three of my kids along. Lee
Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Frying a Flintlock

cayugad.
Thanks for sharing your expertise with us. You talk about a torture test, that is more than most of us will ever put our Hawkens through or ourselves for that matter!! I have a TC Hawken that I've had for over 37 years now and I hunt with it every year in PAs traditional deer hunting season. They are a rock solid rifle and I very much enjoy shooting it. If I have one complaint it is that I don't get out enough with it in the off season. I use agates in mine and they do work better than most flints that I have found in my area. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see your next postings on black powder weapons as I look forward to them alot. Your information is right on the money and unbiased which is hard to come by now adays.