Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Long Range Hunter arrived

Old 05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
mountaineer magic

Default RE: Knight Long Range Hunter arrived

ORIGINAL: jaybez101099

The stock looks just like my Ultra Slug from H&R with the multiple color swirls....
I would bet same factory make both stocks.
Nice looking gun.
I have never had a laminate stock before. I actually like it. I was surprised at the color at first because it was advertised as forest green. But the color variation is appealing I think. I was also surprised at the shape of the stock. The wide forend looks more like a bench gun than a hunting gun to me. I can hardly wait to try it out. It will become one of my favorites I think.

Sabotloader: Thanks, Weasel would probably have cleaned the bore first off. I haven't even done that. Then again there are a lot of things the weasel would probably do that I wouldn't. Never trust a weasel

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know if it is true or not. But I heard Knight was going out of business. I hope not. But I ordered 500 more red discs and a replacement breech plug for my LRH. I can not imagine any other parts to order in case they do go out of business. I have also reused some of the red discs with no problem.

I had a very accurate load worked up with Triple7. But I have sworn off the powder because of its hygroscopic properties. I have just had too many problems with Triple7. So I am going back to 3F Blackpowder. But then I should never have left it. Tom.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice Chet

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
mountaineer magic

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I do not know if it is true or not. But I heard Knight was going out of business. I hope not.
Tom.
Yes unfortunately it's true. They made the official announcement on May 28th .It is posted at knightmlhunt.comI had heard the rumor and called them a week or so ago.There was no official word then ,so I ordered this gun anyway just in case. I have been wanting one every since they came out. I think it is the best gun Knight makes. And even if they reorganize and come back or someone else takes the assets I decided to go ahead and get it anyway since they discontinued this model this year. it was to be replaced with the ultimate slam. I figured if I waited to long it would be hard or impossible to find a new one.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I think you got a real winner there CHET, Looks nice !!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

NICE Chet! I'm not a fan of the black or camoplastic stocks, but I sure do like those multi-colorlaminates.