Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal.

Anyone own one of these? I am interested in what you think about them . The good or the bad. Been thinking about this model for my next inline. Just curious as to what current or previous owners of them think.
thanks

Old 05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal.

I have one and it is a dandy. Very accurate, and consistent. I have owned a bunch of MZ's, including Encore's amd Omega's. I like the LRH the best of them all. 200 to 250 yard shooting is no problem with a little range work, and some good glass. The rifle actually takes the fun out of MZ shooting. Tom.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a very good Muzzleloader. A friend of mine has one and they are very accurate and well made.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

HEAD0001, Is that a left hand barrel on a right hand stock?
I have no doubt they are a great rifle but kind of on the heavy side if you have to walk around much with it.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flounder33
I have no doubt they are a great rifle but kind of on the heavy side if you have to walk around much with it.
That's a good point. I noticed it being heavy as well. Kinda reminded me of a Savage.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

A little heavy?? Yes. The rifle is solidly built with a slightly heavier barrel. Just like a bull barrel rifle. That is what it is designed for. Especially with the heavier, wider, more stable stock.

Reminds me of a Savage?? No way in He**.

Left hand barrel on a RH stock?? I do notunderstand that one??

The trigger in these rifles is second to none in any MZ. But then most of the Knight's that I have dealt with have had the better adjustable triggers. That are very easy to work with. Tom.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: chetmarks

Anyone own one of these? I am interested in what you think about them . The good or the bad. Been thinking about this model for my next inline. Just curious as to what current or previous owners of them think.
thanks

I bought the LRH about two months ago and have been to the range three times with it. The accuracy of the rifle is very good -- and I am far from a great shot. The rifle is well made; it speaks quality; and it iseasy to clean.

The downside of the rifle is that it is little on the heavy side. This isn't a downside, however, if your deer hunting is mostly from stand, such as overlooking a corn field. With the LRH, youwill be able to reach out to the deerat a good distance.

The LRHis more expensive thanother inlines, but I am believer that you generally get what you pay for.I recommend the rifle even if you already have a few inlines already. I am pleased with the LRH.

One more thing: My rifle came with the conversion for non-plastic jacket shooting.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:19 AM
mountaineer magic

Thanks for the replies. I tried to find one with the breech plug for shooting non plastic jacket 209's but they were out, so I will have to get the breech plug somewhere else. I have several heavy guns ,so I can't imagine it being worse to carry than my great Plains rifle or Pedersoli. The Pedersoli's really wear an old person like me out,Them again everything has its plus and minuses.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001
Reminds me of a Savage?? No way in He**.
What does your scale say? After your comment i weighed both guns. The savage with a scope weighed 8.75lbs with synthetic stock. The long range hunter with out scope and wood weighed almost 9lbs with bases. I would say both guns in wood will be really close.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 AM
mountaineer magic

Well I done did it. I put in for a green laminate stock/ SS barrel in 50 cal.I guess we'll see in a week or so what she is like.

Quick Reply: Knight Long Range Hunter 50 cal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.