Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

prohunter center fire question

Old 05-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default prohunter center fire question

ok after a month of waiting .. I finally showed up too the gun shop unannounced to pick up my barrel and forend ....270 Winchester ... no for end to be had ... asked them to check on tracking they all looked at me like im nuts ...told them i had been waiting for a month and they all just looked at me like i had a third eye...finally they went and removed the forend from a new gun in the back.. picked up a couple boxes of shells and out the door i go ... god i hate bad service ...[:@] this place is making dicks look good. Ok im over it .... next question is what kind of accuracy can I expect from an out of the box gun and factory ammo .Sorry if this belongs on a different forum.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: prohunter center fire question

Depending on the fit of the barrel and your shooting skills, you should expect very good accuracy. I was watching a person on TV shoot a Pro Hunter in some monster caliber hunting bear in Alaska. The shot he made was very impressive. I am sure your new rifle will be the same. Keep us posted.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not heard of a bad barrel yet.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a T/C Encore in 7-08 when they first came out and IMO it was a PoS. It did not shoot well at all (3-4" groups) - and I had several misfires. I sent it to T/C twice and it just was never right. I traded it in on a Browning Micro Hunter and a week later, someone stole it off the used rack at the gun shop. I guess it was a jinxed rifle.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

According to Mike Bellm's site, some of the TC Pro Hunters with centerfire barrels need a little tweaking. Like headspace adjustments and tightening a few things up. Might be worth a look if you have any issues with your set-up.