Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lets get some opinions and have fun

Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets get some opinions and have fun

#1 - I only own two and of the twoI would keep the omega. The other is a t/c hawken. Since I got the omega I haven't even picked up the hawken even though its a very nice rifle.

#2 - I guess I'd enjoy getting an endeavor.

#3 - I would definitely buy another omega. I love that gun. I'm not a person who needs multiple guns. If someone gave me other nicemuzzy's for free, I would still grab the omega over them.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK you did say factory assembled so that leaves outafter marketGreen Mtn. barrels.
#1. T/C Hawken 50 cal flinter. Can be used any season, any state. And plenty accurate.
#2. That's a tough one. But I think I would have to go with a T/C Hawken Cougar, 50 cal caplock. These had some really pretty wood and I think they are cool. Adn I do have a soft heart for well figured walnut and women..
#3. Actually, I think I would stay with the same choices I have made. I'm happy with the ones I have chosen.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Dave - you started this. What are your answers??
Old 04-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Gees! Dave that is really tough for me....

1. Of all the muzzleloader rifles you have owned... if you could only keep one. Which one would you keep? Why?

That is really a difficult decision - but I really think I would say the 26" 50 cal Remington 700ml SS-black Synthetic... why? I have not found anything it will not shoot accurately. It is dependable and I trust it totally - point and shoot!! But choosing ONE is very difficult...

2. Of all the muzzleloaders you have seen or read about.

My mind right now goes directly to a 50 cal Knight Disc Elite SS with synthetic stock.

3. If you did not own any muzzleloaders. BUT had the knowledge and experience you had with muzzlelaoder that you do. Would you still buy the same rifles over again? Or would you change your buying habits and purchase totally different?

I think i would probably do exactly the same but skip the CVA's that I had purchased along the way. Even the A&H's that I bought were functional and good shooters... it was just that long bolt that finally got to me...

Kicker - well shoot I did not read that til just now - you just made it difficultier (new word)

So that eliminates my thought of the Disc Elite... so now I might go to the Omega/Triumph route...

This thread does require some soul searching....

Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

I"d keep my .54 renegade it"s the only one i have"nt figured out. karl
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

#1 My Encore Pro Hunter....The best shooting gun I own period. Best Looking. Most $$$$

#2 Any Civil War musket from a mississippi regiment....my dads family fought for the south plus the value of a rifle would be a nice addition to the safe.

#3 Yes I would started in 1980 with a Renegade went on to a early Cva inline and now have 5 total looking for #6
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

#1 Of all the muzzleloader rifles you have owned... if you could only keep one. Which one would you keep? Why?

The one rifle I would keep above all the others is my White Ultra Mag. With that rifle there is nothing I could not hunt in the world. And since a scope is not really necessary with the rifle, a Lyman Peep sight might be an addition but even without, they are just a tuff rifle to beat.

#2 Of all the muzzleloaders you have seen or read about. If the good muzzleloading fairy was going to leave you a present under your pillow, which non custom (in other words, factory assembly) muzzleloader would you like to wake up to? Why? (and these can not be sold for profit)

Since I have a most of the major rifles out there, if one were going to be left under my pillow I would want a Thompson Center Triumph.

#3 If you did not own any muzzleloaders. BUT had the knowledge and experience you had with muzzlelaoder that you do. Would you still buy the same rifles over again? Or would you change your buying habits and purchase totally different?

No, I would not own all these rifles if I had to do it all over again. Somehow, I went a little insane collecting, and I really don't know why. As if there is a reason for the collection I have, which believe me, there is not. Doing it all over again, I would be much more selective. I would have one inline, the White Ultra Mag. I would still collect a Flintlock and percussion cap Renegade and then a couple of Green Mountain Barrels later. But other then that, justa couple of real nice custom rifles in flintlocks.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

#1 Of all the muzzleloader rifles you have owned... if you could only keep one. Which one would you keep? Why?

#2 Of all the muzzleloaders you have seen or read about. If the good muzzleloading fairy was going to leave you a present under your pillow, which non custom (in other words, factory assembly) muzzleloader would you like to wake up to? Why? (and these can not be sold for profit)

#3 If you did not own any muzzleloaders. BUT had the knowledge and experience you had with muzzlelaoder that you do. Would you still buy the same rifles over again? Or would you change your buying habits and purchase totally different?

Also lets put a kicker on this.. no scopes would be allowed on these rifles.

#1 My pro hunter really like this gun and can shoot the mother load with it.

#2 Would be a brown bess 75 caliber,every since i seen them round balls in the store and cayugad told me about the gun i have been dreaming about it.

#3 Yes all but the last inline i bought.I wish i would have put some more money with it and bought a flintlock.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. One on the most least expensive ML on the market. My CVA Wolf because it was my first, a Christmas present (can't sell off Christmas presents), I get 1 inch groups at 100 yards, and I've taken four shots at four deer. All four are in the freezer.

2. Probably a Savage 10ML

3. I would have probably not havebought my KRB7. Not that I'm disappointed in it, I can't shoot BH209 with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

White Umag and CVA Accura - screw your rules.

Quick Reply: Lets get some opinions and have fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.