Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

part installation question

Old 04-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default part installation question

Guys - the guy I am getting mynew (used) T/C Hawkenfrom told me the front trigger return spring was broken. He never replaced it because it didn't bother him. I was looking at the set up on another trigger assembly and it looks like a simple replacement. Anyone ever replace one?
I looks like you just slide it under the trigger and into the hole and maybe peen the end a bit.
I sent an email to T/C CS to see if they can send me the spring or if I need to send the trigger assemby to them.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: part installation question

bronko22000

Never have had to replace one, but I can not imagine it to be to tough - the trigger assembly is pretty simple...

Thought I had a parts picture but I can not find it right now...

I think I can find one on line - let me know if you need one...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sabot - thanks but I don't think I will need one. All this spring looks like to me is an "L" shaped spring the has the long end slipping under the front trigger and the short end into a hole in the trigger frame. The only thing is I don't know if that short end is peened to keep it from coming back through or if you have to remove the front trigger then slip the long end throug the hole, then reinstall the trigger on top of it.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

bronko22000

I have mine out and looking at it... I do not think that you remove the trigger to replace the spring... It looks to me that you place the long end into the trigger and the 'L' end down between he two blocks into the hole in the frame. I beleive that the two blocks hold it in place. I tried to pry mine out and the pressure is between the two blocks. So once you get the spring re-installed you may have to peen the blocks a bit to wedge the spring in place... thinks it looks pretty straight forward...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Sabot - that's pretty much what I was thinking..