Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Muzzleloaders

Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Muzzleloaders

A friend brought it to my attention a few months ago. When was the last time you hunted with your Knight Disc Elite. I actually couldn’t remember. So I started thinking about this. You can look back at post’s of mine on MM about how much I praised the T/C triumph since BH209 came out. The reason was how accurate and compatible it was with that powder. Don’t get me wrong the Triumph is still a great Muzzleloader. Actually by far the best one T/C makes. I'm just wondering why i put the Knights away for awhile.

This past weekend I shot three animals with a Knight Disc Elite. And now I’m thinking why have I not used these Muzzleloaders? Knights are extremely well built and very accurate. I think they are better built then most Muzzleloaders. The thing I guess I cant stand is all the blow back. That’s probably why I have not used them in the past couple years. I really think Knights are quality well built Muzzleloaders. I think i need to read more about the Ultimate slam and really consider getting one. Or maybe even use the Knight Vision more this hunting season.

How do you you guy's like your Knight Muzzleloaders???
Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight Muzzleloaders

I own a Knight Disc .50, a Wolverine LK-II .50 caliber and a Wolverine (stainless) LK-93 .50 caliber. And you're right, the blow back out of them is terrible. BUT that never really concerned me too much. I am waiting for the LK-93 to arrive at the house as I just purchased it (take it easy people I know I did not need it, but give me a break). I also owned a Knight Disc Extreme with the stainless MHC barrel. I sold that and now wish I had not. But that was a boring rifle. It just drilled the bulls eye for the little I shot it.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I kinda followed the development of early .50 cal Knight rifles as I started with the MK-85, Original D.I.S.C, and now the Elite.Still have them all... with a .45 Elite on the way. I currently switch between my .50 Elite and T/C Omega. .. both are good shooters.

I was more interested in retro-fitting the bolt and B/P from the Ultimate Slam than in the new gun itself.The Elite is well balanced and handles recoil very well... and what a long range sniper..It works for me.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
kb1
Fork Horn

I really like my shadow,with busta"s o-ring idea it"s 99% blow back free.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

Love the Knight Disc rifles!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

A friend brought it to my attention a few months ago. When was the last time you hunted with your Knight Disc Elite. I actually couldn’t remember. So I started thinking about this. You can look back at post’s of mine on MM about how much I praised the T/C triumph since BH209 came out. The reason was how accurate and compatible it was with that powder. Don’t get me wrong the Triumph is still a great Muzzleloader. Actually by far the best one T/C makes in my opinion. I'm just wondering why i put the Knights away for awhile.
Fixed it for you.

I don't own a Knight but I definitely would. They have a great reputation as being a quality built and very accurate rifle. My buddy Jim and I went shooting last Sunday and he brought out his Disc Elite. He was trying it out with BH209 and had a few hang-fires. He switched to 777 and had no further issues. The main issue I saw with that rifle is it had horrible blow-back. So much so that there were a few burn marks on his scope and they were even more evident because he had a silver scope mounted.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

A friend brought it to my attention a few months ago. When was the last time you hunted with your Knight Disc Elite. I actually couldn’t remember. So I started thinking about this. You can look back at post’s of mine on MM about how much I praised the T/C triumph since BH209 came out. The reason was how accurate and compatible it was with that powder. Don’t get me wrong the Triumph is still a great Muzzleloader. Actually by far the best one T/C makes in my opinion. I'm just wondering why i put the Knights away for awhile.
Fixed it for you.

I don't own a Knight but I definitely would. They have a great reputation as being a quality built and very accurate rifle. My buddy Jim and I went shooting last Sunday and he brought out his Disc Elite. He was trying it out with BH209 and had a few hang-fires. He switched to 777 and had no further issues. The main issue I saw with that rifle is it had horrible blow-back. So much so that there were a few burn marks on his scope and they were even more evident because he had a silver scope mounted.
SWThomas: I can certainly relate to the blowback issues in the Elite. I was getting scope burn with Fed209a's.That's why I was so interested in the Ultimate Slam breech plug retro-fix (which I understand isnot going to be offered .) However, I switched to the NFPJ plug 2 months ago and had very good resultswith BH209.. so far. No hangfires in 3 range sessions and very little primer fouling / blowback. Of course,YMMV. After 15 shots:

Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Though I don't own Knights anymore, I loved the MK-85.I'm really interested in the Ultimate Slam that's coming out. I will notbuy one as I don't need or want another inline but I think it's goign to be a great product from Knight. I just wish the rumor would have been true about the breech plug [&o]

Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm somewhat interested in the Ultimate Slam. If it ends up living up to all the hype, I may get one when I return from Japan.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I only have one Knight, a Disc Extreme MH SS, one of the Fin,Fur, and Feather made up guns. It rapididly became one of my favorite ML's. I was impressed with its simplicity, strength, not to mention that the thing can shoot. Weather is no problem for this gun as it has seen some really miserable stuff here in Northern Idaho and it just keeps on functioning.

It came with a black synthetic stock, a stock I should mention it was well fit to the barreled action and a stock that was very firm, the forearm does not flex. Even the butt portion is solid it is not hollow. That original stock has been replaced with a thumbhole version. The only problem I have had is the Knights have a long LOP for me - so I have cut the LOP down.

I do use the FPJ breech plug and really I find I like it. I have a NFPJ but have never installed it. Blowback, well if I wasn't such a cheap SOG, blowback would be minimal with NEW plastic jackets - but since I re-use these jackets over and over at the range I do get my share of blowback. Because of this I fashioned a flash cover for the scope which works very well. Here is a picture, today a year or so later from when this picture was taken - the black electricians tape has been replaced with a much more fashionable black plastic slip ties....

Quick Reply: Knight Muzzleloaders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.