Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just so Everyone Knows...

Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Just so Everyone Knows...

Got this in a email from Grouse this morning... No explanation nothing other than the pic. The only thing I recognize is the Disk Elite... we do not have hogs, never have hunted hogs, can not even tell if this a good one or a bad one - even if it is a bore or a sow?

This is off his cell camera - I think? so it the camera fooggy or is it cool and foggy where he is hunting? Dang! I wish we could hunt something!

This thought I would prepare uall cause you know he is going to be excited - shoot I am excited just seeing the picture...

If things went according to plan.. it was suppose to be shot with a 10mil/200 grain Lehigh. Wish he would have said something like range? was it posing for him? was it on the move? oh well!

Hope you do not mind me sharing

Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Just so Everyone Knows...

Cool - I am sure he will give us the details when he gets back home.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

Just so Everyone Knows...

Here's what we know:

He got one.
He used his disc.
He likes to tease. [:-]
Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old/New

Yabut! What is it? are there different types of hogs? well DUH! ya I am sure there is... but what is this and is it considered on of the tougher ones or is it a cream puff? What about the size? is this it?

I have always been told they are some what tough to harvest... does this one/type have the thick brisket?

Dang! it is terrible being ignorant of such things... I have a clue when it comes to elk, moose, deer, bear and peepers - but I am lost here.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Well he got one.. that's important. I am no judge of a feral hog as for size. I see it had no large tusks as I believe that's a small stick holdingthe animal's mouth open. All my experience with nasty pigs was around domesticated one that never knew they were domesticated. And some of them were MONSTERS.

I ran that same picture through my image processor to try and clean it a little for more detail. Here is what I got...

Congratulations Grouse... a hog is a hog and its more then I ever got to hunt. It must be shoot a pig day. falcon was out harvesting hogs.. Maybe I should call my buddy over at the farm and go over there and blast a porky..
Old 04-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice hog! I'm interested to hear the story when he returns.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, sabotloader, if you can send him a text and ask him to get some pics of the damage inside the hog.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, Grouse.

That is a really good hog; probably a sow. Judging from the big ears it is a domestic-wild boar cross.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

SWThomas

if you can send him a text and ask him to get some pics of the damage inside the hog.
I did - he says he did...

I'm interested to hear the story when he returns.
Well..??? I am thinking it is really going to be a long one... One other sting he did say he loaned his Vison to one of the kids on the trip to use. It was loaded with a 250 Lehigh and apperntly the kid make poor shot on one - a pig quartering at the rifle - the bullet went in a good distance back of the shoulder and ran the length of the gut. My first comment was 'a crap you got a runner then didn't ya' - he said the bore only made it 15-20 steps then rolled over dead.

I am sure he will have a whole bunch to say! then we will need to hire an editor to go in and dig out the really important stuff. I will tell you, he was a bit skeptical about using the 10mil bullet - i kinda talked him into that but Lemoyne had talked me into it as he has used the 10mil/200SW on pigs before so it really was not my idea...
Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

falcon

Judging from the big ears it is a domestic-wild boar cross.
Thanks for the information - shoot I did not even know that happened - Idaho is so far behind times - we just don't have pigs - well pigs you can hunt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.