Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Explanation of Lehigh Bullets.

ORIGINAL: spaniel

ORIGINAL: Grouse45
As a matter of fact i shot one at about 10 steps with a 300grn XTP in front of Chuck and Randy wakeman.
Can't say I mind getting a little info on new equipment, but more than one of us has questioned (openly or to ourselves) whether the volume you've done on Leigh bullets is TRULY not commercial, and if you count Wakeman among your hunting partners it really throws a red flag in the credibility department to me...there is a reason he can't openly post in a forum anymore. I hope I'm wrong...

I'll wait for some forum members who I know are impartial to post some game reports.
Randy Wakeman and Chuck Hill started the April hog hunt in Crossville 5 or six years ago. Randy was banned from it 3 years ago. The first couple years i went to the same hog hunt as Randy. We havent spoke in over three years.

Lehigh bullets and a couple other things are in the works. I really dont know what to tell ya about the bullets. If you dont like what you see, dont buy them. There's Lot's of different bullets to kill Deer and Hogs.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

SWThomas

No actually he is 100% correct in that statement - that is the only true measure of a hunting bullet.... "How does it work in the real world of hunting for YOU and only YOU"

And to be truthful he has said the samething in previous posts about the Lehigh bullet. I think he and I know I have said - it has possibilties and we both have chosen to further the investigation of the possibilites....

The one thing we have never discussed in the past is that Lehigh makes 45-70 bullets that are used by a lot of 45-70 shooters - the reviews have been favorable - but what does that mean to you and I - nothing until we try it ourselves...
I totally agree SL. I was referring to the fact that he has flooded this forum with pictures, links to gel tests on Lehighs site, and all kinds of other propaganda... And then says it means nothing to him... Kind of hypocritical....
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: MountainDevil54

sjs, How was the blood trail with only one hole?

There was none. He (spike buck) fell within eye sight. Maybe 20 yards.

Just wanted to say, Super Shot

I'm surprised he MADE it 20yards . More like you knocked him 20yards from where he was standing