Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight Ultimate Slam Update

Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default knight Ultimate Slam Update

After speaking with them today. They told me the Muzzleoader will not be on the market until late Summer. It looks like Bass Pro Shops is going to get them first? Atleast they already have an order for them. I hope they get they these out on the market sooner then later.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knight Ultimate Slam Update

Does anyone know the idea behind Knight naming this rifle the Ultimate Slam? I know JS is the only person to achieve a North American Ultimate Slam with a muzzleloader but I'm pretty sure he did some of it with a T/C. I know JS use to shoot Knight andprobably achieved the majority ofit with a Knight but I'm not sure how much. It just seems odd that Knight would give their new rifle that name.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the update. Any ideas on the price?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

That's kinda late in the year to be introducing a new MZ. .. not good.

Any rumors from thepeople testing them having issues ?

I see Toby Bridges added his 2nd article about the rifle on his site. But no mention of any problems with it.. but he would probably report any issuesonly to Knight at this stage.

I guess by delaying the intro, Knight wants to be sure it's right.... a good thing.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Well the name of the product is meant to get your attention (which it must have done). They want to give you the impression that the rifle will be the best on the market and it will fill all your dreams of what a rifle should be. These companies are very careful with the name they give their products.

Why Ultimate Slam... who knows. Probably took them three corporate meetings to decided that would be a good name.

I'm more interested in the rifle design and what the rifle can do. I have yet to see a picture of one. But think about it. It will be a magnum rifle, 1-28 twist most likely, have a claim of such and such accuracy out of the box, and some other bells and whistles.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

cayugad....

Here's some pics and description from Toby'ssite. Looks like a Disc Extreme with modified bolt and B/P. Probably better for BH209:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/NewProducts6.html
Old 03-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

[b][Grouse45/b]

I am NOT looking!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim Shockey did the Ultimate slam completely with a Knight rifle. Atleast for those who care.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Another thing - as I understand it Knight owns the name "Ultimate Slam" - I think it is Knight - I think the guy @ Leupold told me they negoiated the use of the name....
Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

[Grouse45/b]

I am NOT looking!!!!!

Was you looking for a Triumph??????

Quick Reply: knight Ultimate Slam Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.