Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight Ultimate Slam Update

Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: knight Ultimate Slam Update

ORIGINAL: omegasmoke

After reading about the rifle from Toby's report that was posted, it seems like they are just going to keep on increasing the amount of loads these rifles can handle. He said he shot a group with 150 grns. of bh 209. How many muzzy's will handle that load right now, SAFELY. It just seems that they are getting too powerful too quickly and it won't be long before they're equal to centerfires. Just my 2 cents.
I think that is the whole idea, to approach CF distance and killing power in a MLer, then you have "arrived"--so some think. 150g of BH will get close to that. A lot of out west guys and folks in Iowa and Ill and places with Long corn fields want to shoot 200, 250 and 300 yards and they have to use MLer or shotguns now. They want the performance for long shots. Elk in Colorado also, they wanna shoot 200,250 and 300. That rifle should do it. Most of us back east here are content with a good shooting 100 to 150 yard max rifle. I know I am. Put a 4 to 14 scope on this rifle and I think you have a 250 yard gun with the right bullet. I look for bullets to start dropping around CF type things also, say 150g or even 130g, with a 150g charge of BH. That will be coming to a range near you I predict. It will stop when they reach CF range, which on a 30-06 or a 270 is the 300 yard mark effectively. Chap
Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

SWThomas

Yes and no... It is coming with a newly designed bolt and breech plug to make it more compatible with BH-209 - no disc. I think it is suppose to handle bare 209's better as well.
So basically, once they release this rifle they'll be on par with the rest of the ML makers?... I mean, almost every other ML maker already offers rifles that work great with BH209. They don't have to come up with special bolts or breech plugs.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad Knight doesn't put in a little effort to fix the KRB breech plugproblem of not shooting BH209. I have put my KRB up for sale locally and will either get a Triumph or a CVA Accura when I sell it.