Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight Ultimate Slam Update

Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: knight Ultimate Slam Update

That's a great looking rifle!!! I liked myDisc Extreme (but sold it), but the fact it does not take the Disc is even more of an appeal to me.

On TB's sight, those are some impressive groups he is shooting and some powerful charges. That would really clean out something fast.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

Let me be perfectly clear....

I am NOT looking!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Sabotloader is always looking, and an easy sell.. he just always plays hard to get.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Grouse45

I am NOT looking!!!!!
That didn't answer the question.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Grouse45

I am NOT looking!!!!!
That didn't answer the question
Old 03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is definitely a spectacular looking rifle. But it doesn't seem to possess anything innovative or anything that would really set it apart from what's already on the market. Maybe I'm missing something...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

SWThomas

Yes and no... It is coming with a newly designed bolt and breech plug to make it more compatible with BH-209 - no disc. I think it is suppose to handle bare 209's better as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

That is definitely a spectacular looking rifle. But it doesn't seem to possess anything innovative or anything that would really set it apart from what's already on the market. Maybe I'm missing something...
To me... the only thing that sets it apart from current Disc Extreme is the redesigned bolt and breech plug. I thought the bolt wassupposed to completelyenclose the primer...andeliminate all blow back.

But the close-ups still have the side slot on the bolt when closed. And the bolt looks very similar to the NFPJ bolt... only the adapter is now machined into the bolt.Hard to tell from the pics... I hope I'm wrong.

I'm more interested in the bolt and breech plug conversion kit used in this new rifle for my Elite... but only if it eliminates the primer fouling in the breach area.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

After reading about the rifle from Toby's report that was posted, it seems like they are just going to keep on increasing the amount of loads these rifles can handle. He said he shot a group with 150 grns. of bh 209. How many muzzy's will handle that load right now, SAFELY. It just seems that they are getting too powerful too quickly and it won't be long before they're equal to centerfires. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: omegasmoke
He said he shot a group with 150 grns. of bh 209. How many muzzy's will handle that load right now, SAFELY.
Knight Disc Elite, Knight Extreme, Savage, T/C Encore, T/C Triumph.

Quick Reply: knight Ultimate Slam Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.