Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

To Swab Or Not To Swab?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: To Swab Or Not To Swab?

TNHagies

He must have a stronger spring in the firing pin than what I do. I still get too much blow back for my comfort. I can shoot 120g of 777 and not have an issue with blowback. But 100g of BH and it recocks the bolt and the primer comes to pieces and even once out of the action.
My spring is a Wolff replacement spring - it is definetly stronger. I do not get a re-cock - but 120 shoots better (less mess) than 100. Wierd....

If you have not tried Montanna Extreme-Bore Conditioner you might try it - it really seems to help. I know I can shoot multiple shots.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

sabotloader

Yeah I'm going to pick up some of the Bore Conditioner you guys have been testin'. Hopefully that will help.

I'll try the 120 next time. I got to 100 and quit becaue I didn't like what was happening.

Thanks for the input guys.

I just wanted to demonstrate that if a newbie to ML-or anyone for that matterwants to know if there's a differnece between swabbing or not, here's some proof there's a huge difference.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

TNHagies

please do not shoot 120 because I did... Always be safe... I am confident the 700 will handle it, you need to feel as confident. Personally if Iwere going to shoot a steady diet of BH from a 700ml - I would shoot 110 grains, especially with heavier projectiles..