Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Putting Lehigh bullets to the test.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Putting Lehigh bullets to the test.

ORIGINAL: Grouse45

ORIGINAL: SWThomas
Why?
Please dont start again. I really dont know why you care.
I was just wondering why someone would look to replace a superior bullet with one that hasn't proven itself yet. That's all. Not starting anything, just wanting to know the logic behind the comment. But I have already been notified via PM and I have my answer.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

...............................been notified via PM and I have my answer.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the answer? If you do mind sharing, i will be happy without knowing.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why?
Please dont start again. I really dont know why you care.
I was just wondering why someone would look to replace a superior bullet with one that hasn't proven itself yet.
I dont think anyone is looking to replace there bullets. I answer every question you ask me. Please answer just one for me. Why do you care?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

SWThomas

I was just wondering why someone would look to replace a superior bullet with one that hasn't proven itself yet. That's all. Not starting anything, just wanting to know the logic behind the comment. But I have already been notified via PM and I have my answer.
I really do not think Rt ws suggesting that he might replace the Barnes.... heck as far as I am concerned a Barnes is a real goodbullet but Noslers are better and always will be.... but.... the fact is if you do not try the new things or at least somebody does not try the new things that come out, how will we ever find a better 'widget'... Another example - I had already convinced myself I was not going to buy a Triumph and if I never would have, but I made a mistake and tried one... sold!!

I am going to shoot some of the Lehigh's even some SST/SW/Thors/Parker BE's - a whole bunch of other bullets but they will never replace my desire to shoot Speer's or Nosler's - well at least I do not think they will - but I never shoot em I'll never know... I am just glad someone else is doing the inatial leg work...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader
I am going to shoot some of the Parker BE's
Your barnes are safe if you dont hunt with the 275grn Parker BE. If you do, those Barnes will be split shot for your fishing poles.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think anyone is looking to replace there bullets. I answer every question you ask me. Please answer just one for me. Why do you care?
His comment was that he thought the Lehighs would replace the Barnes. I asked why because I was baffled by that statement for obvious reasons. He sent me a PM saying that he didn't mean it and just liked messing with you. Now I understand his post.

Why do I care? I guess what it really boils down to is your arrogance. I'll give you all the credit in the world as far as being able to post a great write-up on bullets and range results. You're great at that! The thing that irritates me is that you come over to this site after being banned from another ML site and start right off the bat with your Lehigh Bullets sales pitch. You're marketing these bullets as if they're the best thing since sliced bread and you've never killed anything with them. I realize you have faith and confidence in these bullets but honestly, how confident can you be in a bullet you've never killed anything with??? It's kind of like me telling everyone how great a certain food is when I've never even tried it myself. Just doesn't make any sense. And you constantly display an attitude of (If you don't agree with me, you're wrong). It just kind of rubs me the wrong way when you come over here and think you own the place. '

If your Lehigh Bullets turn out to be awesome and have great results on the hogs you're planning to shoot, I'll be the first one to post and say how cool it is. But until that day comes I will remain skeptical. Just like I was of Barnes until I got some real world results with them.

That's really all it is. I have nothing against you personally, it's just that you keep on with all this Lehigh stuff and it's blatantly obvious that you're pushing an agenda. And you've already been warned aboutit and had you're thread locked butyou still continue.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader
I am going to shoot some of the Parker BE's
Your barnes are safe if you dont hunt with the 275grn Parker BE. If you do, those Barnes will be split shot for your fishing poles.
Just my opinion, but a solid copper bullet will always be superior to a lead core bullet.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just my opinion, but a solid copper bullet will always be superior to a lead core bullet.
Just my opinion, but a better performing bullet has not been produced, since John invented the partition in 1947. Sure, there are 'prettier' bullets out there, and there are certainly bullets that fly better, but when it comes to tissue damage and penetration, is there anything better? Besides, the partition B.C. is plenty good for shots to 200 yd; even some beyond.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do I care? I guess what it really boils down to is your arrogance. I'll give you all the credit in the world as far as being able to post a great write-up on bullets and range results. You're great at that! The thing that irritates me is that you come over to this site after being banned from another ML site and start right off the bat with your Lehigh Bullets sales pitch. You're marketing these bullets as if they're the best thing since sliced bread and you've never killed anything with them. I realize you have faith and confidence in these bullets but honestly, how confident can you be in a bullet you've never killed anything with??? It's kind of like me telling everyone how great a certain food is when I've never even tried it myself. Just doesn't make any sense. And you constantly display an attitude of (If you don't agree with me, you're wrong). It just kind of rubs me the wrong way when you come over here and think you own the place. '
SwThomas, your wrong about me for sure. I could care less what anybody thinks about me. I hope the people who dont like me dont read what i have to offer. I make absolutely know money at all. This sight got over 1400 hits from one thread i wrote that got deleted. Who's making the money now? Look thru the different threads, how far back do you gotta go to see over 1000 views?

I clearly stated on three boards i have not shot anything with these bullets. You are the only person who doesnt understand that for some reason. I talk about the bullets because i like them. If i didnt like them i wouldnt talk about them.

How come you dont complain about Parker bullets? That's the best bullet i have ever used on game to date. Why arent you commenting about that? Why arent you commenting about scopes i use? Muzzleloaders i use? Why these bullets so much?

I post on Graybeard, Dougs, and here. More post's on those two boards then here. Nobody has a problem at all. The guy's that are interested in Lehigh bullets, ask about them. The one's that arent dont post or comment. Why would i comment on something i have no interest in? I wont.

I dont have time to sit behind a computer and pick apart what people write. If it interest's me i post, if not i dont. I like to post actual results and info i have found in the field and on the range. what anybody decides to do with it is up to them. Alot of people appreciate it. Then there's people who dont care and dont post.

As far as coming to this sight i was invited. Somebody thought most people would enjoy what i do on my spare time. That is shooting Muzzleloaders and hunting. It is not cheap at all to do this. If it becomes aggrivation for me and having to deal with this crap, it isnt worth it at all. I have no problems answering questions that are on topic. Any others can be done by email.

Let's touch base on why i was banned from Modern Muzzleloader again.

Anybody can log in over there and see all my 4000 plus post's. Anyone can email Chuck Hill the owner and ask him. Here again your concerned with something that's none of your bussiness. I have said it several times and i will say it again. We have had a disagreement on couple different things. That's it. Here's your chance, prove me a liar. Go ahead and email Chuck and ask him. Cut and paste his email right on here. If i was him, i would be concerned with you. Actually people like you, was one of our disagreements.

SwThomas, i wish i could tell you something you wanna hear, but i cant. Your causing trouble on another thread of mine and it will end up being deleted as well. You have nothing to offer but trouble and i see know sign of that changing. Please just stay away from all my threads, that's the best advice i could give you.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ronlaughlin

Just my opinion, but a better performing bullet has not been produced, since John invented the partition in 1947. Sure, there are 'prettier' bullets out there, and there are certainly bullets that fly better, but when it comes to tissue damage and penetration, is there anything better? Besides, the partition B.C. is plenty good for shots to 200 yd; even some beyond.
Amen...

The one thing you did not mention is that it is known fact that a Nosler will expand over a wider range of velocity than any other bullet.

Quick Reply: Putting Lehigh bullets to the test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.