Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Disc

Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Disc

Hello all. I am more of a traditional shooter and tend to ignore posts about inline guns. However I see the "Knight Disc" mentioned pretty regularly.

I was just wondering, what does this "Disc" in the name Knight Disc mean?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knight Disc

There is a plastic orange disc that you push the 209 primer into and when you load you open the bolt and drop the disc into the breech and close the bolt...

Adisc extreme is similiar except it uses a red disc that is suppose to be tighter and eliminate blowback...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RobertSubnet

Hello all. I am more of a traditional shooter and tend to ignore posts about inline guns. However I see the "Knight Disc" mentioned pretty regularly.

I was just wondering, what does this "Disc" in the name Knight Disc mean?

Thanks.
These is the older Knight Disc rifles:

These in the new rifles:

The newer ones are more waterproof, and they tested that by submering a rifle for like 20 minutes in a lake or something like that. Note that 100 Discs are $12, so it adds to the cost of MLing and really is of no purpose. TC introduced the Omega and it was a "Disc" killer.
Chap
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

These disc. must not be too great, because Knight has done away with them in the upgrade Vision and Shadow.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The discs work great.
Art
Old 03-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

The Disc line of rifles that lead to such rifles as the Elite and the Extreme are to this day some of the best shooting rifles you will ever lay your hands on. Their one problem was the plastic 209 holders. While some people like me never saw that as a problem, in fact just the opposite, others while loving the accuracy of the rifle complained that they had to purchase "Knight's" extra plastic disc to load the rifle. I just liked them because when I hunted I could carry the discs in a front vest pocket, where they were easy to get to and it was one of them worthless pockets anyway.

The Discs had a double fold reason to them. They basically sealed the bolt action breech making them virtually water proof. No more worries about rain and snow hunting. Andwhen you're hunting, tell me what you will find in your pocket easier with gloves on... a thick plastic disc with a primer, around the size of a dime, or a 209 primer in your primer carrier, or worse yet, free floating in your pocket. Also the disc made loading in the dark, or without taking your eyes off something,about fool proof as they only go in one way although the orange ones can be a little confusing. Also no tools were needed to unload the disc. Some of the older technology rifles needed a small tool to get the primer out of the breech plug.

Granted the Disc jacket holders are an added expense. And the people buying rifles complained enough that Knight listened. Also the new wave of rifles was changing. Knight and other companies learned that if they did not ride that wave of new designs, they were left behind. So the jacket holder and the Disc was set by the side of the road.

But often times I will recommend a rifle, like the Disc, or Black Diamond, or White, or even a CVA Buckhorn Magnum to someonewho is looking for cost effective shooting with a quality rifle.. While these rifles are older technology, no matter how fancy and new technology your rifle is, you would not want to shoot against some of these old rifles. They lead the way to the new designs we demand today,through innovation, and extreme accuracy.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Spike

The DISC in Knight DISC originally meant;

Dual Ignition System Concept

There was a #11 cap adapter that fit in the orange holder.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Reese260

The DISC in Knight DISC originally meant;

Dual Ignition System Concept

There was a #11 cap adapter that fit in the orange holder.
I remember seeing them orange discs that took the #11 caps. I was going to get some for my Disc but they were out. Could those be used over and over again?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Spike

It was a metal #11 nipple insert that fit inside the orange DISC.

A Knight 2002 catalog lists it as;

Percussion Original DISC for #11 caps, 25 pack
Mfg #901108 10 inserts, 25 orange DISCs

Allows you to use #11 percussion caps in your Original DISC rifle
Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

AllI know about the disc system is that on certain models of Knight rifles they had problems with blowback. Whenthey redesigned a new breechplug they did away with the disc.

I personally like the primer holders. I also shoot a NEF Sidekick that uses a holder and it is very easy to handle in cold weather.

Quick Reply: Knight Disc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.