Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Opinions on Camo guns

Old 03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Opinions on Camo guns

Dave - you're always looking for reasons to buy another gun.....?
I think your just trying to justify it to yourself. Being that you don't have one with a camo finish is justification enough.
You know if you get one and it starts shooting one hole groups, Semisane is going to have to get one too.....
Old 03-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think camo is just a fashion statement.....Naw, I'm just kidding. I have camo and wear it hunting but it's not useful to me. I don't bow or turkey hunt and during the Illinois firearm season you need to wear blaze orange so there is no advantage. As far as firearms I don't have any camo guns, never really had the urge. The closest thing to camo I have on a firearm is this Remington 597 17HMR with a gray laminate stock. It is pretty to look at.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might as well buy one. I went ahead and got one of those Knight Vision ML. The on sale at the Sportsman. I figured it must be a good deal.

The way I figured it what thehell, I can't takeall mymoney with me. Mightas well have fun now enjoying it.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

How is the trigger on that rifle?

Dave, yes - I don't like the looks of them and I want to SEE what is going on with the metal. Some of the stocks look ok, but just.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I had the order form filled out.. and then talked myself out of it. I bought two rifles last week. That's enough for a while.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Spike

I have a number of guns with the camo finished barrels and have NEVER had a rust problem and I don't wipe anything on the barrels. As far as turkey hunting, the more camo the better.
Don
Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Fork Horn

Dave, get your guns Black Iced that way they still look blued and are very water proof.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.blackicecoatings.com/
Old 03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll shoot just as many animals with a camo ML as one without it. It makes no difference execpt for the price and personal looks. I personally like a Stainless barrel and a wood or synthetic black stock. The Deer and Turkeys and other animals spot movement, and as long as they dont see the movement they'll never see another thing execpt the dinner table. BP

Quick Reply: Opinions on Camo guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.