Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bear hunting

Old 02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bear hunting

Now that's funny right there. Dave you are bad.

Scariest thing that happened to me on a bear hunt was hunting out in Idaho over bait. I had a bear come in and wind me just before dark. As the thermals were changing the direction of the wind, this bear was circling me keepint the wind in his face and popping his teeth. I know at one point he was easily within 15 yds of me and behind me but the brush was so thick I couldn't see him. He kept circling and popping and at one point he was so mad he must have swatted a rotten tree cause I heard it falling. He was one PO'd bear and he really made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was a nervous walk out of there in the dark and when I got to the dirt road I had to wait about 1/2 hour for the guide to come pick me up.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bear hunting

Like they say if you can outrun the slowest of the bunch you don't have anything to worry about.