Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What have you did, doing now?

Old 02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What have you did, doing now?

OK here's my .02 - Worked as a pizza delivery boy then at a gas station while in HS. Went to college and worked at the same station on weekends and summer.
Worked on a survey crew for 3 years, then in a manufacturing plant for 10 years. The past 23 years I've been employed by the federal govt. Not gonna tell you what I do. We'll just say its public relations...
Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Ya know whats funny, folks that are connected to somthin in one way or the other never say anything about it. They are trained and conditioned and know better cuz loose lips sink ships; and the ones that arent are the ones that do all the talkin. Just an observation..........
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad was born in 1898. That's as much as I can tell you.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

My Dad was born in 1898. That's as much as I can tell you.
WHUT?!!!! The math does not work ya caint be dat old
Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

YEAH - WELL YOUR MOMMA............... aw heck. Have a nice day.

Dave - go buy a few more MLs to run some test on and report so we have something to talk about.
Lets have a post on year of birth to see who the truly old farts are.
Mine's 1953
Though I feel like ann old fart some days, I'm not going to play this game as I don't think it is one I'll do particularly well in. My "muzzleloading birthday" is August 1993, however.

I was sick and tired of inaccurate shotguns repurposed to shoot slugs and could not afford a good one, but a Traditions caplock was only $119 and I could scrape that together.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Well, like many of you probably did I mowed lawns growing up and that included my grandpa's where I also worked at his lumber yardcatching lumber off the planer. I got a job at Ace Hardware in high school and worked there through high school and through college where I graduated in economics from the U of North Dakota. I then was offered a store management position with Ace and continue to work there. I have been with Ace 14 years now come June. Of course, when not working I spend lots of time with my daughter Jasmine and hunt and fish a lot with my family.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey mnprohunter, managing a retail store of any kind can be a real challenge. But, if you're going to do that I can't think of anything better than a hardware store - especially one with the resources of ACE.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Semi...there is a lot to it for sure. We are lucky to have Ace's resources for sure as you say...we are a very large Ace store as well, about 35000 sq ft...so there is plenty to do.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

was born in 1944 noisy year ..don,t remember much ..later went to high school had a ball with the girls .so the old man [dad] pulled me out and sent me to trade school .learned the trade of machinist ,got tired working on the lathe and changed trades for a millwright ..worked 30 years for GENERAL MOTORS ,retired in 2002 when they tore the building down i have been in the states often for summer vacation ,never lower then WILD WOOD i don't like warm weather ..spend a lot of my time up north prospecting for moose ,bear ,deer and caribou ..oh yes i also hunt ...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

In 1981 I was told that my GM job was in jepordy since they were going to farm it out. I went back to school to get my high school diploma, was told I wouldn't have enough criedts to make it that semester so I took the GED Test. I passed the GED test and a month latter got my diploma too. Got laid off Augustso I started college On an extended GI bill that had just gotten passed. I got nearly thru 2 semesters when GM called me for a phyiscal and a new job. Didn't start the third semester because I thought they would call me to work any day.
Decided to go Fishing in the UPPER. Went to a bar one night and ran into a old army friend. He hired me to drive semi for him till GM called me to work, 4 months. Massia freight Lines out of Thompson Michigan trip leased to VK Putnam, Boseman Mont. Ya I been to Jordans.
We ran reefers coast to coast. Produce mostly fruit to the east coast and what ever back to the west.

I was born in 1946, I get my first SS check I was told tomorrow.
To busy to be rocking on a porch.

Some intresting work Ya'll have done/doing.
Power fisher I knew you would like it here.

Al

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.