Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Triumph Disappointment

Old 02-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C Triumph Disappointment

I thing there is a disconnect in corporate america. The bean counters and the management don't yet appreciate how quickly word travels these days.

Tom
Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hearing a lot of this about TC lately. I know I had a problem with them before the sell out on my POS Encore. What I ended up doing is geting rid of it and pressing on. Now that doesn't help you, but stick it out and document everything. End up being their pain in the ass if need be.

And writting the company CEO will help.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replies. There was allot of good points made.I really don't know what T/C's problem is.Over the years I had several T/C's. I still have a old Renegade & aHawkens.I had the Hawkens made into a target bench rifle probably 20 years ago. Has a Green River Premium barrel and Redfield International sights.I had a Contender and the old Patriot BP pistol they made years ago.Never any problems from them except the Renegade.After owning it for over 25 years the stock cracked for no apparent reason. T/C sent me a replacement stockwith everything but a new barrel and ramrod.I put it together,everything fell right into place. My buddy was going to the range when I wasn't able to go. I asked him togetit sighted in for me orat least get it close.He takes it out of the case and see's this brand new replacement stock iscracked again.Mind you ths rifle hadn't been shot since I got the replacement stock.This time I sent the entire rifle back and let them fool with it.That's been probably 5 or 6 years now and I have yet to take it out.

I dohavea copy of the work orderand the techs name.I will keep the original copy and send them a copy of it when I return the gun for the second time around.Believe me they will know my feelings when they get this POS back.
Years ago I was a S&W fan,but whenthey sold out to the Clinton administration that was the icing on the cake for me.After that I wanted nothing more to do with Smith. They have since changed ownership and I can't blame the new owners for what the old ones did.I still haven't ran out and bought any Smith's.Speaking from experience T/C at one time was a great company to deal with. I do have my doubts about them now. I have a couple of Knight Disc's. Never a problem with them.No my friends T/C has really soured me this time.I knew better buying the wife a T/C but I couldn't beat the price so I thought.In the long run it's going to cost me more them what a new Knight Disc would have cost.
They got me this time but they won't a second time.Once I lose trust in a company(which I have with T/C)they won't get another nickle from me.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have called T/C Customer Service 3 times and each time they have answered the phone and helped me. And yes, these were recent calls. I guess I just have good luck because I don't call on holidays and I call during their business hours. Oh, and I wait the 2 minutes on hold before they answer the phone.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Ya know, even though I have a New T/C Omega Z5 that I got for Christmas, and the barrel is a tad blemished, and I sent my Rebate Form on 12/28/08 and still havent recieved a check yet, I will admit that I too have calledT/C several times in the past6 weeks for various reasons, they have been prompt, courtious, professional and answered my questions to my total satisfaction. I have ordered parts, bullets and like via internet and have had no problems. AND my Omega shoots like a dream. I didnt mean to dis them if thats the way my previous post was interpreted. I am happy with my new rifle and T/Cs customer service. As long as I get my check.....it will be a 97% positive experience. (-3% for barrel blemishes)
Old 02-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe when I called them it wasn't the best timing. But it was during regular busniess hours.They weren't shut down for the holidays that I know of and even at that it wassometimebefore Christmas.Both times calling all I got was a recording.Then I had sent two emails. The first I sent the night it happened which was Dec 7th Sunday. Finally the first email reply I received wasafter the 16th when I had already sent a second email on the 16th.A day or two later is whenI got my first reply and received a second one on the 23rd. I have a copy of thelast email.
After reading the few of you who had called and never had a problem talking to someone I give them a try tomorrow if I have time. I'll at least call before sending it back. I do hope my experience was a rareincident and they treat their customers better then I was treated.The employees of allot of companies forget where their paychecks come from.Money doesn't grow on trees so it must becoming from a outside source called the customers.When the customers are gone so is the paycheck.I'm pretty sure that how it works LOL.Once again thanks for all the comments made.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a update for those interested.

I sent the entire rifle back a week ago with a very straight forward letter. I sent a separate copy to the service manager, mailing it a day or two before mailing the rifle back. I wanted to make sure they knew my feelings before the rifle got there and give the service manager a heads up.I was politicaly correct whatever that means but I didn't pull any punches either. I told it like it was.I mentioned that I would appreciate being reimbursed for the two shipping charges after all my time and trouble is worth something.A few days after mailing that letter T/C called me.Very nice young lady.She assure me they would make it right and requested I fax both copies of my shipping receipts. They are reimbursing me forboth the shippings.
I hate having to be that way with companies but sometime you have to show them you mean business.She did say before Christmas is their busiest time of the year and I realize that. They need to hire more people to satisify the customers needs.Hopefully I'll get the rifle back in a timely manor and it is repaired correcty this time.
I do feel a little better after talking with a real person and not listening to a recording. There may still be good CS at T/C after all.We shall see.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Here's a update for those interested.

I sent the entire rifle back a week ago with a very straight forward letter. I sent a separate copy to the service manager, mailing it a day or two before mailing the rifle back. I wanted to make sure they knew my feelings before the rifle got there and give the service manager a heads up.I was politicaly correct whatever that means but I didn't pull any punches either. I told it like it was.I mentioned that I would appreciate being reimbursed for the two shipping charges after all my time and trouble is worth something.A few days after mailing that letter T/C called me.Very nice young lady.She assure me they would make it right and requested I fax both copies of my shipping receipts. They are reimbursing me forboth the shippings.
I hate having to be that way with companies but sometime you have to show them you mean business.She did say before Christmas is their busiest time of the year and I realize that. They need to hire more people to satisify the customers needs.Hopefully I'll get the rifle back in a timely manor and it is repaired correcty this time.
I do feel a little better after talking with a real person and not listening to a recording. There may still be good CS at T/C after all.We shall see.
Sounds like they are honoring their commitment to customer satisfaction. I am glad to hear that your problem is being taken care of. I have never had any problems on my handguns, but they drove me nuts with the Encore.