Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Finally got to shoot the ACCURA today!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally got to shoot the ACCURA today!

Nice shooting breechplug!
And very scientific That's Good info on the primers, and I plan to use a few different brands this year also.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCZ09

Wow you guys shoot alot. Thats awesome!!! I have paying attention to this forum for a few weeks now. I could tell you guys knew alot now I know why. I am new to this forum and have only been hunting with a muzzleloader for 4 years. Thats theonly thing I use now to hunt deer, and love it. So anyway I will sit back observe, learn and maybe comment once and a while. Oh ya in the little bit of shooting I do I have noticed a difference in primers.ThanksGuys.

Get out while you can,other wise you wallet will be smaller,on a good note
you will learn that there isn't to many things you were doing right
Old 02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

HJ, I have been ML Hunting for about 22 years, and I thought I knew pretty much all there was to know. But when I checked out this forum and read what others had to say, I knew then that there is always something to learn. Anyone who say's they know everything there is to know about ML's and bullets, primers, powders and the list goes on, is only kidding themselves. Everyone on here learns something new every now and then, that's why were all here, plus good friends and conversation. Stay tuned and keep reading. BP
Old 02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I could'nt sleep last night wondering where my next shot would go on target with My newly sighted in ACCURA using the MX BC. The weather is mild today, mid 30's but windy. But I took the ML and a target and went outback and shot 3 times. The first shot was about 1" to the left of the other two. But all three shots were in a 2"circle. It started to rain so I quit. I dont know if you's consider the one to the left a (flyer) or not? But it was real windy and I was mabey trying too hard to make the first shot count.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good report both times Ron.I know when i first got on this site i was in the subjects of what ever season it was.
For example bow =bowhunting forum,shotgun=deer hunting forum.Then it was muzzle season so got on this forum
and never left for crossbow,I was like you just an average shooter,now all about muzzleloading,as i see it got to you to.These guys are the best,here never worried about spelling,dumb questions, never bad mouthing no one.
It's different here.(and lord Knows my spelling is not the greatest)
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree i know how it is when you are trying to hard,knowing you have to report on that shot makes it worse
Old 02-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes HJ, there are a-lot of great guy's on this forum, I too found myself addicted to this site and I even check this site befor I check my e-mails. Im glad I happened onto this site one evening it's fun and I have learned some and met some nice guy's. I may not venture into the other forums, but ya never know. Im a DeerHunter and always will be, been doing it for 30 years. Also I worked in a I.B.O Pro Shop, my buddie owned it and it was just down the road a ways from me. I was there everyday. I helped tune hundreds of Bows and shot thousands of arrows a week, even toured the country shooting the I.B.O. shoots. Was pretty good too, qualified for the World Championships 8 times. But then one day my buddie who owned the bow shopdied, and a part of it died with me too. I gave up the circut and just bowhunted only, quit competiton, but still Im a IBO Life Member. So mabey I just may check out the bowhunting forum some day, but for now I found a bunch of great guys doing what I love here on this forum, so this is probably where I'll stay. You can only talk so much about shotgun hunting, and anyway's I gave up shotgun hunting years ago for the ML, it's all I use. Mabey I can convert them shotgunners to use just the ML.........
Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

In some seasons you don't have a choice as we know, as for indiana it is bow,shotgun or muzzle,then just muzzle,
then late archery where you can use a crossbow.I always try to get a deer with one weapon out of the season
(at least one)then after i get one with a shotgun in that season i switch to muzzle loader in the either or season.
I call it the grand slam of the season just something of a personal goal for myself.But besides the first part of the season where it is the ultimate surprise with the bow, muzzle is my favorite.