Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Kahnke Rifles

Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Kahnke Rifles

Would anyone have any information on the kahnke Black powder rifles , I am thinking bout buying one and would like to find out something bout them , besides what the ownertell bout them , what little i have found , is that they make a great blk powder hand gun and the rifles are supose to be great shooters also , Any infor would be great . PS - i have a knight long range hunter and a thompson , Like the hammer and the idea of caps , to give the deer a chance , lol
Old 02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kahnke Rifles

I've heard they shoot good, and I've heard they arrive looking like someone made them in the garage with a vise, hammer and hacksaw.

All I know for sure is the owner blatantly violated the rules on another forum to try and get free advertising and got booted.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just went on their site. Their gun looks like a Markesberry.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

falcon, it's the other way around. The Markesberry looks like a Khanke. There is a story there.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ps: http://cherrys.com/ped_inlines.htm
Old 01-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by borderghost
Would anyone have any information on the kahnke Black powder rifles , I am thinking bout buying one and would like to find out something bout them , besides what the ownertell bout them , what little i have found , is that they make a great blk powder hand gun and the rifles are supose to be great shooters also , Any infor would be great . PS - i have a knight long range hunter and a thompson , Like the hammer and the idea of caps , to give the deer a chance , lol
I bought a Kahnke about 10 years ago. I think it is made by somebody in Minnesota in their basement. That said, they are fine rifles, and Kahnke stands behind his work. I had trouble with the scope mounting holes, and sent it back for a new barrel. He didn't believe me, but he replaced the barrel and solved the problem. Can't ask for better than that.

I first heard of Kanke on the Precision Rifle website when I was looking at their ballistics tables. I noticed that it had a 30" barrel and consequently higher velocities with the 150 gr. 777 loads I planned to use. I was looking to extend my range with a muzzleloader.

I love the rifle. Stainless just makes sense. Also, it is relatively light. The light is a trade-off when shooting magnum loads, but I added a Limbsaver recoil pad and that helps a lot. I get 4-6 inch 3 shot groups out to 300 yards off my bipod. It isn't designed for a bipod, and I don't like that, but I modified mine. My buddy just uses shooting sticks. I like the heavy bullets because I always want pass through and a blood trail. At 200 yards, I've never had a deer take more than one step. It is a devastating combination. My two buddies also purchased Kahnke's and one of them got a double lung shot on an elk at 200 yards. This is a quality rifle. I realize this post was a year ago, so I'm wondering what you ended up with and if you're satisfied.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are also very similar to the Pedersoli2 line of MLs but not 209s. I had an Ovation 50cal. Great simple gun with a 1-24 twist and a good quality barrel. Its based on the "Brutus" line.

Several of the Pedersoli2s were actually a joint venture with Kahnke.