Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just in case,scope sale

Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just in case,scope sale

I am gonna post this link just in case anybody else wanted to try this scope i ordered it wed.they saidnext sat.at the latest.I know i'm taking a big chance but if it don't work out i'll take it back and trade up for the nikon.I will admit i have some scopes on some of my guns that i could
not get 75 cents at a yard sale for them, but they have never failed me

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=SEARCH_all-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760-cat20760&id=0061677216706a&navCount=2& podId=0061677&parentId=cat20760&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=9IS&rid =&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&h asJS=true

Old 01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just in case,scope sale

I have a friend buy one and he had nothing but trouble trying to sight it in as it is not a true ballistic scope, as with this one it if I can remember right the testing done with this scope was with a 300gr. bullet using a magnum charge of 150gr. of Pyrodox Pellets. So if you dont use exactly what they do for a ML load,then you have to (ESTIMATE) where you should hold for the longer shots. And if you have to estimate, then why not just buy a regular scope and do what you have been doing. That's why this scope is on sale and as cheap as it is. I know it's more money but I purchased a Leupold Ultimate Slam ML Scope (almost the same as the Nikon Omega but better,IMO...With this one, the Leupold,it has 3 different settings, a 2 pellet setting, a shot-gun setting and a 3 pellet setting, but with this one also it was tested using a 250gr. Bullet and a 150gr. charge. but it also compensates for different settings,,2&3 Pellet &shotgun. So you at least have a few more options, as the lower long range reticles move farther apart or closer togeather depending on what charge your using.But what I found to be the least thing I liked about these Ballistic Scopes is ONCE SIGHTED IT FOR WHAT YOUR USING YOU HAVE TO SET THE SCOPE FOR THAT SETTING AND STAY THERE. SO SAY IM USING A 3-PELLET SETTING, THIS IS 9-POWER ON THE SCOPE, SO ALL MY SHOTS HAVE TO BE AT 9 POWER. SOMETIMES 9-POWER IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR THE SHOT, BUT IF YOU WANT THE SCOPE TO DO IT'S JOB THEN THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. The scope is mainly intended for shots FROM 150-300YDS, and in most cases we dont shoot that far anyway, and most of us are just kidding ourselves if we think we can set the scope to the 300yd or even 200yd setting and properly and humainly harvest a animal. Yes, I purchased the Leupold, but mainly for long range shots on Coyotes, because I HATE THEM! My Hunting ML I use for Deer has a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn 3-9X40 and it cost $89 and preforms flawlessly for a fixed reticle scope.For the extra $20 I'd have bought the Bushnell......Let us know what you think of the scope when you try it out, you may like it, this is just My 3cents. Ron p.s. I do like the Leupold U.S.ML Scope, but it does take some work and patience.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Some people who bought the Pine Ridge scopes have claimed they are the best scope they ever used and some hated them. I personally never bought one, but I have purchased my share of inexpensive scopes. I never say cheap anymore because even though they might not cost a lot, some of them are sure good scopes for the money.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breechplug i totally agree with you, that is the reason i chose this one just to see if i like
it or not(bdc)the money i spent on this, i would have lost on resale of a good oneanyway.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Be sure and let us know how well it works... this should be interesting to have first hand experience from a forum member. Now that is something I can trust...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not knocking Pine Ridge Scopes, yes there are a-lot of inexpensive scopes out there, I have a Tasco on My Mossberg Trophy Slugster and it only cost me $39 at Wal-Mart and it has never lost zero or let me down. Also that's why I have bought CVA ML's the one's I have owned did what much higher priced ML's do for half the money. My point was the Pine Ridge Ballistic Scope itself as to how it is set up, Im sure the rest of the Pine Ridge Line preforms as said. Ron
Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again, I never ment to single out Pine Ridge, I just was telling everyone how that specific scope was set up. I hope you enjoy the scope and it does what you want, let us know your results. Ron Believe me when I can find something that does the same job as a much higher priced item, I'll buy it!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys will be the first to know my honest opinion
Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, Im a true Bowhunter at heart, how do you like the Switchback? I have been a Hoyt shooter for years, Im a I.B.O. Life Member and have qualified for the I.B.O. world championships 6 times shooting a Hoyt. But I may have to move on......Mathews seems to be the Bow to shoot nowadays......Ron
Old 01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Breechplug everyone is entitled to their opinion i don't thinkanybody thinks your bashing,i know i don't.
We all know some scopes can cost alot and be good and some don't cost that much and be good too.
I figured i at least gotta try it.But anyways how is the u.s.ml working for you, did you get it yet? I was
wondering about them also, are you gonna do a report on it? I know sabotloader got one but he hasn't
strecthed it out yet.

Quick Reply: Just in case,scope sale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.